Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
:hugs Good morning! I'll take your cruddy, rainy weather lol

All this talk about gizzards and stuff reminded me of some years ago, when my Dad got a load of chicken intestines from someone. And guess who had to clean them? :rolleyes: :sick Dang near put me off meat and chickens for life that did…

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Chicken intestines?? What the heck do you do with chicken intestines? I think I'd never eat another chicken again if I had to do that!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Chicken intestines? Barfola! Even though I gotta say they are one of Gracie's favorites...

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hog intestines are regularly cleaned and sold. I don't buy such.:rolleyes:

Chicken and veal liver, I like. No pig. It's grainy textured. No gizzards, I don't like the "toughness". I cut the hearts and that helps a little with popping. Yep, older chickens, I give those to the dog/cat. A steak is better. :D

I could do all veggies. Not thinking vegetarian as I like meat. Just that I can go for a good time without it....it's not a "no meat" day at this house but, several of them sometimes. It depends on how I feel about cooking. If I roast a chicken, or bake a ham, then meat is eaten more. That's when I also freeze for "heat & eat" meals. Most of us do the same, especially if only one or two at home. You do cook "big" less often sometimes, or with planned later meals in mind.

I'm sure DH enjoyed is special meal :love

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I would eat much less meat if it weren't for my husband. A salad? He says OK, where's the main dish?

(edited because auto correct hates me, I swear I'm not illiterate)

Last edited:

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Chicken intestines?? What the heck do you do with chicken intestines? I think I'd never eat another chicken again if I had to do that!
Let's just say my dad liked to eat some strange things…

:sick

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm hanging in! Extremely tired. It's our last week of the six-week session right now and there's a zillion things to get done.

Tomorrow the students show off their projects and the entire staff of the college has been invited. I did the work order weeeeeks ago so the room would be set up. Guess what? There's a new gal in the maintenance dept who didn't understand how to pull the work orders out of the system - sooooo this afternoon we grabbed some of our students and set the room up ourselves.

Then I physically had to go to the bakery to deal with the employee who could NOT understand that I want TWO FULL SHEET CAKES! "Ya know - those are big cakes" - well guess what honey - I want big cakes. I've got 200 people to feed - argh!

Went to Starbucks to order some bulk take-out coffee. I tell them I'm going to need 100 servings of coffee Thursday. The gal looks at me like I've got 3 heads...and just shrugs her shoulders at me. I'm like... can you provide that or not? Again, she shrugs her shoulders and says she doesn't know. She doesn't know how much the bulk containers hold, she has no idea how long they'll stay hot and she doesn't even know if she'll have enough containers to fill the order. She just keeps looking at me, shaking her head and shrugging her shoulders. I take a big, deep breath and tell her...this is what you need to do: Get on the phone with your manager. Find out where the containers are stored and count them, find out how many cups they hold, ask if you have enough coffee to fill the order and give me an answer sweetie - cuz shrugging your shoulders is not giving me any information. And, I smiled at her to know I wasn't going to pinch her head off just yet.

I swear this younger generation doesn't have any problem solving skills at all!

At lunch I went, as usual, to visit dad. They told me when I called earlier that dad's new air mattress had arrived. The mattress varies the fill in different areas of the body to prevent and alleviate pressure sores. I had called hospice yesterday and requested one so I was happy to see that it was there by this morning. BUT - geeze louise people - it wasn't plugged in. Dad was on a deflated air mattress - basically resting on the bed frame. For goodness sake people - get your head out of ….

And that's how my day went!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
WELL !! If it was ME, I would have shared some problem solving ideas, for them to form into skills, immediately! (If not sooner)

Sounds like you did.. :lol:

OTHERWISE -- well, have wine! :hugs