Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sounds like you did enough, and sleeping in is awesome!! How's DH like the new job overall? And, do you have more kids coming soon? You said July right? Holy mom brain I can't remember a thing! Lol

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DH inherited a big ol' mess with this job....but that's why they hired him. The person who (wasn't) doing that job before him left the hospital about 4 months behind on data that MUST be entered and turned over to the powers that be in order for the hospital to get Medicare reimbursments. He had a fellow director from another department who was supposed to be helping him and he found out yesterday they were doing it all wrong...ugh. This particular job is totally his wheelhouse and he's very good at it - but he started in the hole and with his vision challenges he can't work as fast as he once did.... sigh. Wouldn't be an issue if the job had been done right before he got there - but if that person was doing the job right then DH wouldn't have a new job, lol.

I brought all the does up this evening and got more serious about checking membranes. Out of about 6 that I checked - 2 were borderline and one was pale, pale. They've been wormed now. I'll continue checking them tomorrow. Stuck a couple of does with Conan, but timing isn't perfect. I'll leave them a couple days maybe....maybe not.

I did think I had more does due in July - but it looks like Big Spot didn't take care of business back in February. That's ok - it's sooo hot I'm ok with it. Hoping to get a few bred for December babies, but not sure that's going to work either. It seems to work better around here when I make NO plans and just stay out of the way, lol!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It seems to work better around here when I make NO plans and just stay out of the way, lol!

Mother Nature at her best (? or worst?). For those of us who work off the farm, it can be a concern as to WHEN we have any babies arriving. MOST of the time the goats do well alone. Of course, it's always our favorites that have the unexpected problems. Right?

TODAY -- I don't care if I ever have another kid born :lol: Will be a totally different story next week.:love
How else will I have milk and kids to sell for hay $$ ?

DH if probably feeling good & bad right now. You feel like you will NEVER crawl out of the "hole" the paperwork creates, then a wonderous moment when something actually does come together. At least his supervisors knew the situation was that bad when they brought him in and the problems are not of his making. Helps a little.

Nice thing about those ribs -- they will be just as good at heat up time, should schedules work out that way.

We are going into almost 3 weeks of rain each day. Last night about 9PM we had a whale of a stretch of thunder, lightening, HEAVY downpour. Lights off and one several times, at least nothing long term but, lit a couple candles and kept the flashlight near, in case. Computers & TV off....then closed it all down and went to bed, as the storm blew out. Saw on TV this AM that there was a wrect on the Hampton Bay Bridge Tunnel & a tractor/trailer went off into the Bay. Shame. They usually stop traffic but the winds were "just" under the restriction levels.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Poor DH - he's back at work today and likely tomorrow too. He has a mid Aug deadline and not only is he doing what had not been done - he's RE-doing what was done incorrectly by another employee. Geeze louise!!

I kept all the does up in the front pen last night so I could check membranes again this morning. Ended up worming a few more - trying to stay on top of things before breeding. Conan got to spend the night with a couple of gals. He was very energetic but the girls were not appreciative of his enthusiasm, lol.

I moved some pallets to the place I'm going to store the round bales and I bought a big, new tarp to cover them with. I need to mow there first, then I'll put the pallets down and be ready to unload. I need to back the trailer into the pasture and get the tractor out there so I can pull the bales out of the trailer. Sounds like fun...not! I'll wait until this evening because it's just too hot to do much of anything. Think I heard rumors of a "not so hot" front headed our way later this weekend - YAY! But, it'll likely bring some rain with it so I need to get this done. I'm even ok with a little rain. Things are pretty dry around here - hard to believe that!

Had to come in and shower after all that outside stuff this morning. Too stinky to even touch the furniture. Decided that I'll be doing some of that dreaded house cleaning while I'm inside hiding from the heat. For whatever reason I got out the vacuum and decided to vacuum the wood blinds. ARGH! It's one of those things that you can't stop once you get started, lol. And, while I've got it out I'll get the ceiling fans too. I really hate it when I start up the vacuum cuz it's usually at least a 2 or 3 hour job. But, whatcha gonna do...somebody has to do it, at least occasionally. :( :\

Last edited:

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Your poor DH is working much too much now. Weekends should be time off and relaxing, or at least a break from work. I hope he can get everything straightened up soon.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ah bummer he's working all weekend! That's no fun at all. Hope he can get that sorted out so the job's a little more manageable.

Yay Conan has ladies! Lol

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Your husband may be swamped and overwhelmed at the moment, but I'm sure he is happy in his element. He will get it all set right again and it will become easier.