Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Nope but the guy said she didn't the first time either. She's swollen in the lady region and has been for longer than a heat cycle should last. So bizarre.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My gals get swollen in their lady parts too...sometimes a week or more ahead of time. Maybe there's still hope!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ewwwwwwwwwwwww…..I hate SKEETERS! I don't like to spray chemicals on my body - but it is a necessity now. Hair, face, neck...everything gets sprayed. Then I run inside as fast as I can and shower afterwards.

The mud is crusting over nicely and starting to dry out and guess what's in the forecast? More rain! Uggacrapoladodobottomus!

While milking tonight I started wondering if Cameo might be bred. She's nice and plump...haven't seen her teasing anybody for awhile...and Conan was with her the last time she was in heat. I need to check the calendar...or look back through this journal and see if I kept track of it.

It would be exciting to have Conan babies! This goat is nothing short of awesome in my opinion - his eyelids are bright red....bright red I tell ya and I think maybe I wormed him once - ever. So, no matter that I think his rear end SUCKS I'm gonna give him a chance.

Noticed one of the Ms. Piggies looking very rotund....hmmmmm. Need to get her separated cuz every stinking baby she has (if she does) is gonna be de-balled! (especially the boys) Also, if it's not wet/sloppy again this weekend I'd like to get the two boars penned up that are destined to lose more than their balls, lol.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Need to get her separated cuz every stinking baby she has (if she does) is gonna be de-balled! (especially the boys)

:lol::lol: Explain...how do you de-ball a female? :lol::lol:

Gal, you are on a roll!! You're losing it :D Have some wine. Pretend it is Saturday night.

Hope Cameo & Conan had a good time. I'm ready to see some brand new goaties but, haven't even begun breeding. Maybe soon. The boys are hoping so. Boys are like that! :cool:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
When's your butcher time frame? Whenever it's not so hot?
If I do them myself, I'm flexible on the time frame. Definitely when we have a cool weekend. I don't enjoy the smell of blood when it's hot outside - ICK! But, I kinda wondered if I should think about sending at least one to the processor...so maybe I can give Chef a nice sample that wasn't hacked up in the back yard, lol. If I do that - I'll have to get it done before deer season.

:lol::lol: Explain...how do you de-ball a female? :lol::lol:
Hey, I can do it in my imagination, lol!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh yeah good plan! When's deer season there? Archery just started here, rifles in November. Can't wait!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Archery season in some places starts in about a week....gun season usually starts the first week of November. Kinda depends on the county...Texas is big, lol.

Soooo, I go out to feed and can't find the Nigi doe...can't find Chester either. Dang it if they BOTH weren't in the big buck pen. GEEZE LOUISE! Now, Chester bred her recently but she obviously didn't take. But, it's not that unusual for a doe to come in heat and not ovulate so shortly after she will release an egg, usually in about 5 days. Looks like that might've happened here. The second heat is usually the fertile one... so...she's been hanging with the big bucks all day I guess. Or maybe, Chester was defending her? LOL! As if he had a chance at that...

I'm ready for this week to be over. I'm tired of working! I need a weekend.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Intermittent fasting forgives all sorts of carbohydrate indiscretions. :) 16:8 is just skipping breakfast. It's more mentally challenging than physically. You'll settle into it! 20:4 and 20:6 (yes, I'm aware that's more than 24 hours, deal with it) are my usual. IDK, I don't try that hard. If I don't feel physically right I'm not fasting. I think the hardest thing with fasting is people tell you to drink water and that throws electrolytes off. I do better "dry fasting" up to 18 hours, sometimes 20. My body is super sensitive to underhydration so I'm not going to get all rigid about that either. I just notice I fast easier when I'm not drinking fluids.

Bone broth is okay for fasting for weight loss, but if you're interested in autophagy, then only water, black/green tea, and black coffee.