Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
my goats think new things are fun

Stick a fork in me - I'm done! So, tired and achy all over. But, it's done and hopefully it will stay done. I tried to make it Big Daddy proof.... time will tell!

They got used to it and then they were a major pain in my behind, lol.

my goats think new things are fun.
Unfortunately mine got accustomed to it very quickly and just as quickly became a pain in my behind! Can't lay anything down or turn your back on 'em. Somebody, (Red) picked up a bag of cable ties and calmly walked all the way out of the barn and around the corner with the bag in her mouth...upside down...and open. Cable times spilling out with every step. Thanks Red! She's also in raging heat and had a conjugal visit with Kinder. Conan wasn't getting it done...think he's not quite tall enough for her. Chester, however tried and tried when I brought her up. Then he decided to switch gears and become a "boob" man - and she LET HIM. Crazy, lol. She really loved Chester and stood for him and stood for him so very patiently...but that wasn't going to happen. Put her with the Kinder and she went totally bonkers - she ran and ran and squalled and tried to kill him - but he eventually prevailed. Turned her out of his pen and she went loving up on Chester. That silly goat!

Football time! Go Texans - we need 6 in a row!!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol!!! I've never had more than one buck so your story cracked me up. Poor little Chester! At least he's loved!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Chester is quite the ladies man...he's just a sweetie. The Kinder obviously doesn't believe in (can I say this?) 4-play. :hide

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Whew, I am tired. Our new boss came to work for two weeks, and now she's out of town for two weeks. And, naturally, we have a huge Federal report that's due by Dec. 3. The Dept of Ed just opened it yesterday...we started it today. That gives us roughly 15 working days to do a report that we usually have two months to do. And we're shorthanded! We have to gather almost 100 pieces of information on 185ish students. :thWe'll probably be working on it Saturday(s) too.... Yay? Oh well, I'm happy to have a job that I like most of the year!

Got stung by a bee yesterday evening while feeding the pigs....in the dark...on my elbow. What self-respecting bee flies around stinging people at night? It was actually a yellow jacket. Stoopid insect...

Got a look at my cabbage and broccoli plants yesterday. They're growing... about all I can say about 'em. They're bigger than they were when I put 'em in the dirt...:hu

That's all I got...need to go to bed!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Booo on the crazy work schedule, and the sting! What the heck was that bug doing? Yay plants, lol. I want to grow broccoli next year, is it tricky?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I want to grow broccoli next year, is it tricky?
It's really almost foolproof - at least here. I stick plants in the dirt and they give me broccoli. And, I've gotta say that there is NO broccoli that you get from the store that tastes as good as fresh from the plant. Nothing. Period.

I've always planted my broccoli in the ground but this year I put it up in the big ol' mineral tubs that I use for tomatoes. I think they need a little poop pick me up cuz they're not growing very quickly. I'll try to find some poop from somewhere...

So far, so good on my barn divisions. Pigs and horses are staying out of the goat areas. I'm so glad it's working - at least so far.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh, I like foolproof lol! I'll see how it does up here. I bet you won't have any issues finding some manure for fertilizer... you probably have plenty of that!

Yay, glad it's working... so far...

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I was able to grow broccoli and cauliflower all winter in Livingston. Here, I have failed miserably. :(

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It is a drizzly day. Right now the drizzle is so heavy that it looks like dense fog. Boring. Stuck inside. :hit