Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hope things improve now. It must have some discomfort, the procedure. Well, it does for ME & it isn't even my eye. :hide

Get to bed early...sleep! It improves so many things. :) :hugs

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Got a little rejuvenated when going out to feed...nice sunny day and crispy cold...but not miserable. I will still be going to bed early just to get back on track by tomorrow morning. We have a follow up appointment at 9:15 and then I'll bring DH home and go back to work - ugh. I'd skip it but I really need to be there.

Critters all survived the lack of attention this morning. But a few of them did give me the "go to hell" look and the finger when they thought I couldn't see 'em. :smack Ungrateful beasts!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Your poor husband has been through the wringer with his eyes. I really hope this does it for him for a long, long time.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
our poor husband has been through the wringer with his eyes. I really hope this does it for him for a long, long time.
One can hope! Except...he will need cataract surgery on that eye now. This procedure always causes a cataract to form - and he already had one in that eye - so this will make it worse. We'll wait a minimum of 6 weeks for healing to take place and then make an appt. to see about that. Oh- and we already know he needs another surgery in the left eye again... We hope that will be the end...sigh.

His follow up went pretty well except for seeing him when they took the bandage off - he looks like he got hit in the eye by a truck! He's gonna have a real shiner and the eye itself is bloodshot of course. Poor guy. :(

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Does he get discouraged? I can't even imagine.
Sometimes...:( He did say yesterday that he wondered if he's just fooling himself. We're meeting with our investment counselor Thursday to try and get some ideas of what kind of income we could expect if he goes ahead and hangs it up.

It's not like we'll starve to death, lol. We don't have any debt. House and cars are paid for. We pay off our credit card every month. Animal feed is a hit, but I could reduce that in a heartbeat by just selling off (or butchering) a bunch of mouths.

Got a text out of the blue yesterday asking if I had any goats for sale. (I said no!) It's not hard to sell goats here....pigs - another story.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Interesting, total opposite here. No one buys goats apparently.

Hope your meeting goes well and you figure out your game plan. Would be nice if he could be home.