Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Was -5 at 6am here. Yes, negative. Boo! At least we don't have mud.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing Lucy's kid. I hope she got Conan's!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I hope she got Conan's!
Me too! I've looked back through my notes, my calendar and this journal and can't find any reference to any other possible breeding date so unless we had a "ghost" breeding (and they do happen, lol) she should hold out a few more weeks and pop out the first Conan progeny!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
GOOD -- no kids to worry in the mud. You got rain -- I got S N O W !!! Yes, woke to 30 degrees and snow. Too cold to rain. Remember I said I was on "the line" for rain/mix, well line moved :( and it has been snowing several hours. Seems to have almost stopped now but, I have 3" of WET snow. Ya know, that means tonight I will have ICE. :idunno :old Trudged hay to everywhere.

Internet out until about 1/2 hr ago. :he Instant Pot going with goat meat & stuff (wine, garlic, tomatoes, etc). Who knows & right now, I don't even care, what will come out of it.

I hate snow.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
GOOD -- no kids to worry in the mud.
Unfortunately, I don't see it drying up anytime soon. Rain predicted again next week. Thankfully, we didn't get anywhere near the 6 - 10 inches they said we might get. We got a couple inches at best. Yay for a small break, lol. But, if our patterns hold true we will be mostly wet for at least several more months...
Guess you will have frozen water to think about too. Seems like you don't have to haul buckets though right?

Instant pot recipe sounds pretty darn good to me! :drool It might be a bright spot in your dreary day. :fl

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Guess you will have frozen water to think about too. Seems like you don't have to haul buckets though right?

Anticipating cold, I had topped out all water troughs....thin ice to hit in a couple, mostly ok with snow on it. My water pipes are all pretty good, weather wise. BUT heated tubs at the ready. Prob not needed until Jan/Feb.

Whatever comes out of the cooker will be my hightlight of the day but, not hard to say with what's outside.... :lol: That said, I did bring home 2 pecan pies and vanilla ice cream from demo yesterday -- that's a bright spot -- plus wine, three different dips and oodles of crackers/chips. I can eat myself into a daze!!! :D Might not even feel it when I slip and bust my arse out there later. :old Some days you just "give in to it". I'm relaxing because I can't fight it. Glad I have nothing to make me do more than feed animals. :\

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I don't know what got into me today but I'm on a cookin' craze! I wanted meat loaf (my ultimate comfort food) and DH wanted chili - so they're both in the works. I've also got some peppers that need stuffin' so that's on the menu also. Then I got a wild hair to preserve some of the lemons that are hanging on the trees. I looked up a recipe and I've got 'em simmering in sugar water to "candy" them. Supposed to be good cut up into yogurt. Sounds good so I'm giving it a try. DH will be home all next week and I've gotta work until Wednesday so I'lll make my life easier by having all this cooked up first.

I will be off tomorrow for DH's surgery. We need to leave her a little after 5am in the morning - doesn't that sound like fun? He's got a follow-up/check-up Tuesday morning, but I have to get back to work as soon as we get out of there for a training session on some new software. College Christmas luncheon Wednesday and hopefully they'll let us go home early after that and then I'm off until Jan. 2!! Yay.