Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The last time I was there I learned a lot of tricks. The guy who was on trial was a gay guy...so they lawyers asked if anybody had trouble with gays - several people raised their hand.... excused! If you ask stupid questions...excused! There are definite ways to get out.

I'm not sure what/why it is, but I tend to get chosen - guess I'm just a regular joe blow kinda person. Nothing outstanding, nothing exciting... blah, blah. The first time - decades ago - I was chosen for a capital murder trial of a police officer. The trial was predicted to go at least a month and the jury was going to be sequestered. Dang it - why did the guy cop a plea about 15 minutes before the trial was going to start? I have a paralegal degree so I think that they think I'd be just barely smart enough - but not quite lawyer smart, lol!

I just want a day off...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I find it all so interesting - guess I'm a voyeur at heart. I've worked with lots of lawyers...some good, some better, some not cool at all.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sitting at the courthouse- twiddling my thumbs. We got assigned our respective courts- but we don’t report to them for an hour....not really enough time to leave and come back so I’m hanging in the coffeeshop. Saw another gal from the college here but we got sent to different courts.

Lots of the other potential jurors don’t come back to their courts until 1:30. That almost guarantees most of their day is spoken for.

I’d be totally ok with getting passed over and being sent home.

Just saw another college employee...that makes three of us. How is the college functioning without us, lol?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Got out a bit before noon - yay! So, came home and got some feeding done since I skipped it this morning. Bad mama - I know but I had a feeling I'd be home even earlier than I was. Got inside just in time for the skies to open up and bless us with MORE RAIN - ARGH!

The rain is bad enough - but it leaves me with several pens that are unusable. Well, I guess I could use 'em but then I'd have to turn myself in for animal abuse... geeze! At least those pens will get a break and maybe get a head start on growing some green stuff. Maybe...

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am sorry that things at work have declined enough to make you fall out of love with your work. I hope you can hang in there until the best time for you to retire. :hugs

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks Bay. I Still enjoy my job, but it’s the general college atmosphere that has degraded. It’s a shame because it was once a wonderful place to work.

So, because we haven’t had enough rain lately-this is what we are dealing with now.

EB36A5AB-315E-471D-B024-D6B74BC7E618.png
The weather guys are indicating there could be golf ball sized hail included somewhere in the midst of that headed straight for us. Yay!

Guess who is driving home in the middle of that mess. Geeze, he can’t retire soon enough.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Does he drive on Interstate 10? What a mess for him to have to drive home in. I think that the two of you will have one helluva good time when you both are retired. I know we do, I highly recommend it. Today we laid out triple thick cardboard pumpkin boxes (collected in October) and put mulch over them. A few hours out in the chilly drizzle and we came in. We still have more to do, but we can work at our own pace. I watch DH, I know when he is done and make him quit.