Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks Sumi :hugs

Busy few days here. Couple of dental appointments on Wednesday, vacation day yesterday and holiday time today and Monday. YaY for time off.

DH had his nerve conduction test yesterday and failed on both hands. Surgical intervention likely - he still needs to go back and see the hand doc for interpretation of the results. The doc that did the tests was not optimistic that there would be any other plan of action.

We've had a little rain, a little wind, and some really beautiful blue skies too. I managed to get a few seeds in the ground and plan to do a little more.

I've been spending a lot of time with the goats, of course. They do bring me such entertainment and comfort. Can't even imagine life without a couple of 'em hanging around. :love

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
:hugs It's good to see you back :)

I'm sorry to hear about your DH. Goodness, that poor man went through so much already with his eyes... I am seriously considering getting some goats when I have space for them finally. And it's your fault! ;)

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Your husband has been through so much, and so have you, right there next to him. I pray that if he needs surgery, that it goes well and takes care of the problem.

We got 1 1/2” of rain from the latest storm. Sunny and gorgeous today. Been out fighting weeds.

Hooray for time off indeed! Enjoy!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We had a beautiful day also - but windy, windy, windy. A real PIA to be out in - but the temp was nice. I got a few more seeds in the garden - that made me happy. No where near feeling like I'm done, but it's a start.

DH is about to go through more cuz I think I'm gonna shoot him! He needs 4 new tires for his car. He never even looks at anything on that car until something starts going wrong. Yesterday on the way home he told me it felt like he might be getting a flat but no indicator from his 'smart car.' Ok - go to the tire shop on the way home and find out he needs 4 new tires....low profile, sporty tires...mucho dinero….then they tell him that his rotors are shot....and they are.

My son told him a year ago he needed to have them turned because they were getting grooved....did he do it...nope. Four new tires and four new rotors, total brake job, a front end alignment and a more than $2K hit on the bank account. :ep It sure is cheaper to prevent a problem from getting too bad than to replace everything when it's totally shot. Can't do anything about the tires - he has almost 60k miles on them so it's ok - they need to be replaced. But, the brakes - ARGH! He's in trouble...sigh.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I so identify with that. Before we went to Tennessee to get Ringo, DH needed a brake job on his truck......new rotors, the works. Ka-Ching! $500! On Tuesday morning (leaving Friday morning) we were at a friends house where he pointed out that the truck was leaking oil. We went straight to the shop with it. The oil cooler seal was blown....had to tear it all apart, went ahead and put in a new oil cooler while he was in there.....$1,000

I feel your pain.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Nothing is cheap anymore.But, it has to be done. Especially because I'm probably going to start driving his car to work when he retires. It gets better gas mileage than my truck!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's all about the $$ -- really! Yes dive what gets better gas mileage. Yes, bite the bullet now while still working. I look at a lot of this when retirement finally hits. 2020 :celebrate

BUT -- with all the repairs, it's still (often) less expensive to keep the older model and "baby it along". Especially since we normally drive less when "retied". :D

Glad you have a few days off -- in a row, no less :cool: ENJOY!