Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am exactly the same way Pink! It's like "if I sell this one, I'll regret losing that bloodline", " I can't sell this one, she's old and needs to live out her days here", I can't sell this one, because no one else will appreciate her crazy personality", " I can't sell this one because he had an injury when small and has a crooked front leg and only I know he won't pass that on to his kids", I can't sell this one because...." The list goes on and on.

I've got at least 5 does that I will never sell just for sentimental reasons.... I'm such a wuss, lol. I'd rather eat them than sell them to someone who might mistreat them and let them suffer in their old age. What kind of weird reasoning is that, lol? But, I don't think a good death is necessarily a bad thing - much better than being mistreated forever. I wonder what a 14 yo goat would taste like??? However, as soon as it cools off the numbers will definitely go down because I've got roos that need to be processed along with two pygmy wethers that are destined for freezer camp. Even the Kinder-type wether that is hurt right now will go in the freezer too, but probably not until spring when he's older, bigger and all the antibiotics are out of his system....

Glad I got some mowing done this morning because it is getting dark and rumbly out there. As much as rain is a good thing right now - I wish it would wait until my new barn-port is delivered and constructed. I do not want a muddy start to that project.

DH is gone to his motorcycle buddy's house. They're installing a new communication device in his helmet and on his bike so they can chit chat while going down the road. They're just like two old women, lol! Next week they'll do actual mechanical maintenance on the bikd to get ready for a trip they're taking the first weekend in October, I think. They make an annual trip to Octoberfest in a little German-ish town a couple hours away. There's usally a group of motorcycle enthusiasts who meet up there and do some rides during the weekend. Not exactly my cup of tea - give me 4 wheels and airconditioning. That's my idea of travel, lol

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Been there, done that, lol. I grew up trail riding motorcycles (and horses) and loved it. But, somehow - highway riding just isn't the same.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I'm not overly fond of riding on highways myself. Then again, I've never gone on a major highway. I don't like riding just for the sake of riding. I get bored and can't look at what's around. I prefer back roads. Most of my riding is done just for the purpose of getting to point A and point B.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
One time some of the ladies and I rode with the guys on a trip. I have never been any more miserable than on the part of the ride that was Interstate... everytime you go past an 18 wheeler, or they pass you you get buffeted by their wind, the heat coming up from the pavement is almost unbearable and the exhaust fumes are overwhelmingly nauseating. Now, back road riding, that's different depending on the scenery. That's one time I don't mind being a passenger cuz I can look around. I think the big issue is that on one of the first rides I took with him we went down. A car pulled out in front of us aned pushed us off to the shoulder of the road and we hit gravel. Those street tires do NOT handle gravel and we went down. We were doing maybe all of 10mph, but I still ended up with 10 stitches in my knee and he was totally embarrassed even though it wasn't his fault. That incident really ramped ujp my self-preservation intinct, lol.

In for the evening. Wanted to do more outside but the skeeters are ridiculous. You can't even open your mouth or they'll fly in....ugh!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Extra protein! :D

I hate being on the back of a bike. Guess I've spent too much time riding one.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol, that's one of my issues too - I like to be in control. DH has been after me forever to get a bike of my own, but I'm not that into it and I don't have time... too much to do ont he farm....especially if he's off galivanting around the country on his bike!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am sooooooooo weak. Just when I had convinced myself that I don't need quail - I made the mistake of looking on ebay....and I just couldn't stop myself... I didn't mean to do it...my fingers had a mind of their own... and they went hog wild and bid on some quail eggs. I hope I don't get 'em.... I don't want 'em.... maybe somebody will outbid me.

Pink - there's some great quail eggs on ebay!!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
You didn't! :hide Really? Goodness woman.... :lol: If you wanted some all you have to do is give me your addy ;) I have a ton of eggs every week!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Now you tell me, lol.

I should know better, but when I get something in my head....geeze, I'm so stubborn. I blame this totally on Pink! :hide

Somebody bid against me though, but I had already put in my max bid and at this time, I'm still the high bidder... geeze

(changing the subject)

We're having cabbage rolls tonight - sorta. I was piddling in the little garden today, trying to get some of the massive weed growth outta there and noticed that my 'cabbage collards' are still hanging in there. They even have young new growth - these things have been going since last fall! We haven't even had any lately cuz we got kinda tired of 'em for awhile, but tonight it sounded good.

(later...) Yum, they are good! I stuffed em with some of the sausage from the pigs, mixed in some onion, celery, rice, cheese, and 'maters - then simmered 'em in delicioso marinara sauce. I'm trying to stop at two. Needa stop at two....

I disbudded the two little ones today. I hate, hate, hate doing it - but it's gotta be done.

Guess I should go check ebay and see if somebody outbid me yet! :fl