Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
So....cancel your bid. :hu Then PM me your addy ;) I will take care of ya early next week. I get about 15 eggs a day. They made some yummy pancakes this morning :lol: I used a dozen of them. I just can't hatch any more right now! Will in a few weeks though, until then, you are welcome to them eggs!!!! :D

Cabbage rolls :drool

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ahhhhhhh, you ARE a nice person - I don't care what them other folks say! :hide

What kinda quail do you have? I've only raised Pharoh and Button quail - no experience with any other kind, but they can't be that different huh? Will send you a PM.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Jumbo Brown Coturnix, pharoah are not any different at all, I think some people even interchange those names for the same quail ;) I don't care what them other folks say about me either :lol:

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
YAY!!!! It's nice to be the loser in this instance :lol:

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
You will love these quail sis! I had some of them before and they were flighty, crazy little birds, but this little flock I have now...sometimes they get all excited coming toward me to get their food, and one sometimes falls out of the cage(raised) and it'll just sit there and wait on me to pick it up and put it back in so it can eat. They are SO gentle and sweet! I love my little birds! Must be a different strain, and I plan on keeping THIS strain as long as possible, because those others I had before were rotten little attack birds :lol: The offspring I have hatched are just as mild mannered and sweet! It sure makes a huge difference with daily feeding chores when you get some nice birds!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That sounds awesome! The ones I had before were a little on the crazy side too, lol. And the button quail - OMG. I would hatch them 100+ at a time and I think half of them would get away when I opened the incubator - I'd be chasing itty, bitty critters all over the house.

Looking forward to them - and thanks again!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I never did get buttons...too slippery :p And you are very welcome :)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Whoop, whoop! I'm getting my brand spankin' new barn-port on Friday morning! :weee That's the good news!

The not-so-good news is that my 85yo dad is having hernia surgery Friday morning. Years and years ago he had an abdominal aortic aneurysm repaired. That was a bear of a surgery back then. I hear they have a much simpler procedure now. Anywho - he has a hernia at that old surgical incision that has to be fixed. Bless his heart - he's been having some kind of issue or another for quite some time now. I hope he can recover his strength after this....sigh.

Since I can't be here for the barn-port construction, DH is going to stay home and be on-site construction supervisor. Geeze, I hope he gets this right. For days and days he kept thinking we were turning the barn in a different direction.... geeze! He's usually not so spacially challenged, but dang, for awhile he was plumb blind! I'll draw it out for 'em before I go. I'm so excited to get this done - and I know the critters are tired of living under a tarp tied to the trailer!

Now - what's the worst thing that could happen in the meanwhile - I think there's something tropical that could be brewing out there. :he

Nothing much else on the radar right now. Finally got busy at work and believe it or not it's so much better than being bored! Lst week I thought I was gonna pull my hair out!

DH is outta town tonight so I'm gonna be a slob! Yea! I might have a peanut butter sammich and a glass of wine for dinner - or I could have some left over cabbage rolls... decisions, decisions! Cabbage rolls here I come.