Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Welllllll - I think it's kinda sorta official. I'm kinda sorta RETIRED! Official day is 12/31 - but the college is closed then. I have more PTO hours right now than hours left to work before Christmas break. They threw me a retirement party today and everything. Students made me cry - stoopid students, lol. I got gifts, and cake and all kinds of goodies. It was nice!

Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life! 🤩:ep
Congrats!

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
1575511131446.png

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks ya'll! It's exciting and a tiny bit terrifying all at the same time....but I think I'm gonna LOVE IT!!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thanks ya'll! It's exciting and a tiny bit terrifying all at the same time....but I think I'm gonna LOVE IT!!

do you think you're going to be able to find enough to do?

(joke, it was a joke!)...

i've never had any trouble at all and i'm now well seasoned with years of practice if you ever run out of ideas...

watching clouds, napping and finding belly button lint are nice breaks. :)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This morning I'm kinda slacking. Not that I'll slack all day - but I woke up - had coffee - finished a book that I started a couple days ago and just contemplated the universe. (I didn't figure it out)

Today's 'to-do' is to finish canning dog food and think about grinding up some pig. Weather is totally awesome this week so I have to take advantage of it. Need to rebuild a pen behind the barn. Sooo many things waiting on my attention! YAY!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Up at a decent hour this morning. Coffee is awesome. DH picked up a new brand of coffee called "Death Wish." It's touted as the 'strongest' coffee in the world. According to a quick Google search it's not - but it's close. I decided to beak myself in slowly and have been mixing it with good ol' Folgers. It really does have a great depth of flavor....and hopefully it'll help me make good progress on the fence work I plan to start this morning. Our weather is begging for outside activity - and I don't intend to disappoint.

Canned 21 quarts of dog food over the last couple of days....and I hated being inside and missing out on our picture perfect weather - but it needed to be done. Beautiful weather is supposed to last a couple more days so my plan is to take advantage of it.

I'm not finished Christmas shopping. Have a few things for a few people but still need to get busy on figuring out what to do for the grands. I need to get on the AMEX site and order gift cards. We use the AMEX almost exclusively because we're awarded points with every purchase. I hoard the points until the holidays every year and can redeem them for merchandise or gift cards. The little bit of shopping I've done on Amazon hasn't cost any cash - only points. That's kinda nice.

Gotta get busy!