Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
the animals just need elevator hoofs...
That's the truth!

I need to go out and feed early since we'll be gone this afternoon/evening. Looking a bit like rain - ugh. If it would rain exclusively on my little raised beds I'd be ok with it - but I do not want to walk in any more mud.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Stretched out my Thanksgiving holiday and used some more PTO today. I decided to at least get started on the pig that we butchered Wednesday. He's been sitting in the ice chest and I want to get him in the freezer. I've deboned the two hams and have them cut in chunks to grind. I've never turned one into ground pork so this will be, hopefully, a positive experiment.

Talked to my DIL a few minutes ago. We were over there Saturday for our Thanksgiving gathering. Sooooo, she tells me now that she's just tested positive for the flu. She started feeling puny Sunday and HOPES she wasn't contagious the day before. So - YaY…. :rolleyes: (not).

I immediately guzzled some elderberry syrup as soon as I got off the phone and I'm having another cup of turmeric/ginger tea, lol. And, of course, through the power of suggestion I feel a fever coming on, lol!

I need to get outside to get some fresh air and get my mind offa all this sick talk!!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I think you will like the ground pork. I mix it with lamb or ground beef. Makes great burgers or tacos. Hope the flu passes y’all by.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I think you will like the ground pork. I mix it with lamb or ground beef. Makes great burgers or tacos. Hope the flu passes y’all by.
I'm anxious to try it. DH loves ground meat more than anything! But, this is all new to me so I'm not sure how much fat to leave on the meat. Off to you-tube!

I hope the flu passes WAY the heck away from us! I don't have time to get sick - but who does???