Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ahhh, thanks! Farm life isn't for sissies - but you know that! You're taking care of your family and your farm while you're preggers! That's pretty awesome if you ask me!

I do what HAS to be done, and sometimes that's all I get to, lol. But, I've got a great DH who is going home early today and will relieve the Senior Sitter. I'll probably mow the yard today since I'm working Saturday and "they" say it's supposed to rain this weekend. And WHY is it supposed to rain? Because there's something in the Gulf that is supposed to shuffle rain our way. Sounds vaguely familiar, lol! Thankfully - it won't be bad!

I've also got to get the rest of my hay covered. I need more tarps. Grrrr - always something!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Gotta get busy(ier)! I'm behind on so much "stuff". I'm working Saturday so need to squeeze in some of the weekend chores on the weekdays I guess. It's going to get harder when the time changes and I'll be doing everything in the dark on both ends of the day!

I still have "stuff" to catch up. When the MUST do list is all that can get done, it snowballs. :hugs Consider a PT farm worker once a month?

AND the work that gives us a paycheck sure gets in the way of our needed farm time. I swear it does! No matter our plans. :old

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Couple years ago I had the best helper ever. Shame he had to graduate, grow up, join he military, get married...all that stuff. I don't have time to teach anybody right now...easier to just do it myself.

Yes - those paying jobs are a pain when ya wanna get anything done, lol. Not so bad when you need to buy something!

@Mini Horses - you got any does bred yet?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
:hide Immaculate conception ?? Not even letting them "sniff" yet. Worked today, Fri/Sat/Sun demos....3 days off next week. Maybe?? :idunno I'll see how we all feel then.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Finally caught up. Yay for more goats! :D I am curious too, to see what is going to come out of there.

As for your parents.. It's a difficult one for sure. They will not be around forever, so you'd like to make the most of the time you have left with them, but at the same time, you have a crazy life that demands a lot from you. I'd say do what you feel comfortable with, as long as you and everyone is taken care of o.k. :hugs

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Didn't exactly go to work today. I'm working tomorrow so I didn't go in today. I ran some errands this morning. Cowboy met me at the front door this morning. YaY! Soooo, I finally walked the fence line looking for his escape point and couldn't find anything. Only thing I could come up with is that he must be going over the double pasture gates. I had them raised, but I used solid panels to extend them. He uses solid panels like a ladder - so I took 'em down and put up flimsy welded wire in place of the panels. The flimsy welded wire won't hold his weight so he usually can't climb over it. If he tries real hard he collapses it and I can at least tell where he's breaching the fence. Sigh...he's such a challenge, lol. But - he's gotten so laid back about it that he usually comes back to me as soon as he sees me outside instead of bolting like he did months ago. He just likes going walk-a-bout - the big goofus!

Had a follow-up doc visit this evening. Things are going well! He practically begged the doc to give him a prescription for new glasses - but nope. He's not totally healed so they can't correct it yet. A couple more weeks and hopefully that will happen for him.

Mom and dad had a rough day today. Dad is whiney tonight and mom is anxious because of it. They went to bed early, but I know they'll be back up wandering later. Feel so bad for them. Wish I could snap my fingers and turn back time.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I love Cowboy. But he doesn't live with me...... LOL I know your poor husband will be so glad to finally get his eyes over the surgery, get fitted for new glasses and be able to SEE!

Sadly, you can't turn back time for your parents. It is heart breaking to watch them become less and less each day. I hope they can cope with all the changes and stress.

My Mom was 88, drove, traded stock online, and put out a weekly newsletter to her former high school classmates on her computer. She was active, she had a brilliant intellect and she used it. After her stroke, it was gone, just gone. I wanted her to have her life back so badly, but it was gone.

All you can do is the best you can do.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks Bay! Cowboy is a mess...but thankfully I no longer worry about him getting lost or running off or even being overly aggressive with other people. He's a sweetheart when he's out. There are two ladies that walk down our road every day and I think all he wants to do is go for a walk with them, lol. What I worry about with him now is tangling with a car or someone who doesn't know him being so afraid of his size that they will just shoot him. I would be devastated! Cowboy is going to be one of "those" dogs that carve out a special place in my heart that very few dogs have done. There's just "something" about him.

You are right that DH will be thrilled to get new glasses and put this mess behind us. Hopefully this nightmare will come to an end! He still has issues with the other eye, but nothing as serious as what we've dealt with lately.

I'll bet your mom was a pistol! Strokes are so devastating... Mom knows that she has problems. She says all the time that her memory is shot. She's right. I bought dad some new socks today. She's asked me 4 times in the last hour where those socks came from. :(

They're up again. Dad needed a bowl of cereal. Raisin Bran to the rescue, lol!