Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Apparently cows like oranges. You need a cow, lol. That is an amazing amount of free food!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Maybe that's a good reason to get a cow, huh? My critters literally walk away from anything citrus. I don't really blame them for not wanting lemons and limes and even grapefruit - but oranges? They're soooo good. Maybe I should peel them? NOT!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My friends tossed their leftover fruit/veggie scraps in with my pigs. They picked up the lemons, squeezed them with their mouth to get the juice, and dropped the peels and left them there. Weird pigs...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I guess I'll have to try again...I'll toss some out tonight and see if they change their minds!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Cut a couple in half and see what they do. My pigs might be weird... lol.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Have an appt. with my primary care doc this afternoon - just so I can get a referral to a sports/ortho doc about my hip. Geeze - the hoops ya have to jump through... But, I enjoy my primary care doc cuz he's the funniest guy I know besides my DH. He's also my DH's doc and when those two get together his nurses have to drag him out to see other patients. They could bounce off each other for hours, lol. It'll be good to see him... At least better than sitting at my desk at work!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Have fun with that! I love my doc too. DH and I have the same doc and I always go first when we have our physicals and maybe occasionally report on DH to him lol

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Maybe your husband's boss told that lady not to come back......so they could keep him longer! LOL

That is a lot of free feed. Congrats on the great haul.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Maybe your husband's boss told that lady not to come back......so they could keep him longer! LOL
Maybe!

Had x-rays to the hip and lower back yesterday. Results already sent to the doc. No hip joint problems - diagnosed bursitis. Some "arthritic" changes in the lower back - but no surprise there.

Back to the doc this morning for my physical - ugh. I think they got everything out of me that they could. Doc's telling me all the things I need - flu shot, pneumonia shot, tetanus/whooping cough shot, mammogram, colonoscopy, ekg.... I vetoed most of 'em, lol. I took the pneumonia shot, I already had a fairly recent tetanus shot, had the ekg. Not having the flu shot, mammogram or colonoscopy. If I have an issue - I'll have it checked. If not - not looking for a problem. I got over wanting to live forever after watching mom and dad pass.

DH said this morning that his right eye is blurry...what else is new??? ARGH. I'm sure it's that membrane that grew over the other eye after he had cataract surgery...He says he's not having anymore surgery - I said he is. He said he'd have surgery when I have a mammogram. HA!

We got a tiny bit of rain, .06, yesterday and last night. Garden needs some so glad we got a sprinkle. I need to water heavier though...Some things are popping up - that's always a good feeling. Have lots left to plant though. Weekend is supposed to be nice - maybe I can finish then.