Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Worked my patootie off today...sheesh. Started a new fencing project but first had to demo the old fence. Major pain! But, I love my tractor. It makes the really hard jobs really easy. Then dug a bunch of holes - planted some posts and got the gate ready to hang. Probably need to plant one more real post and a few t-posts for reinforcement and tack up the panels. Hopefully finish that side in the morning. Then I can take down the other side and work on it next. I've needed to do this project for awhile so it's nice that I can tackle it now. Weather is supposed to hold for a few ore days and it would be nice if I could complete it before we get rain. Maybe at least get the opposite side done.

I came inside in the middle of the project and swallowed some ibuprofen. Hope that helps stave off any residual soreness that will rear it's ugly head. See some hot tub in my future this evening too. If I'm lucky - I'll be able to work as hard tomorrow as I did today. Checked my steps when I came in and I'm over 8K….3.5 miles. Yay!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Worked my patootie off today...sheesh. Started a new fencing project but first had to demo the old fence. Major pain! But, I love my tractor. It makes the really hard jobs really easy. Then dug a bunch of holes - planted some posts and got the gate ready to hang. Probably need to plant one more real post and a few t-posts for reinforcement and tack up the panels. Hopefully finish that side in the morning. Then I can take down the other side and work on it next. I've needed to do this project for awhile so it's nice that I can tackle it now. Weather is supposed to hold for a few ore days and it would be nice if I could complete it before we get rain. Maybe at least get the opposite side done.

I came inside in the middle of the project and swallowed some ibuprofen. Hope that helps stave off any residual soreness that will rear it's ugly head. See some hot tub in my future this evening too. If I'm lucky - I'll be able to work as hard tomorrow as I did today. Checked my steps when I came in and I'm over 8K….3.5 miles. Yay!

always nice to get things done and feel the muscles know that they've done something too, but not so much that you hurt from it for a long time after. :)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Feel darn good this morning for an old lady, lol. A little bit of stiffness but no real pain....and the more I move the better it gets. I need to get out the lawnmower this morning and go over the area where I'm putting up the new panels at. Too many tall weeds to keep walking through and losing tools and staples in, lol!

Need to get busy so I can get back in for the Texans game!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
. Coffee is awesome. DH picked up a new brand of coffee called "Death Wish." It's touted as the 'strongest' coffee in the world. According to a quick Google search it's not - but it's close.

OH!!! Saw this in WalMart yesterday -- looking for my demo product -- and noticed it was VERY expensive. Also, only bag that was still 1lb. Most went to 12oz and left $$price same as before.

So, at $19.96 a bag, I HAD to read the label. LOL I will try it at some point but, hoping they will have us demo it so I can sample it that way. I'm cheap and spoiled.

. A little bit of stiffness but no real pain....and the more I move the better it gets

OMG -- I so relate. After work I went to feed store, home & unload, moved hay, did chores and this morning....stiff back!! Heat and Aleve. Just not gonna deal with it all day at work.
I find some good stretches help, at first get up. PIA.

It all comes with the wrinkles, hair loss (some of that is good, less shaving), memory issues, sleep issues, and the one I most love -- NOT -- your muscle turns to flab. Your curvy butt just moves from back to front, skinny arms get floppy and your skin thins while getting brown speckles. YAH....long life!!! :old

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
OMG - you're killing me with that, lol! :lol: May we all live long enough to experience all of that and more!

Now I have to go and kill DH for spending that much money on a lb of coffee! I asked him how much it was and he's like "I dunno - I didn't look." Sucker needs to learn to look!

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
No Way would I ever spend $20 a pound on coffee. Caffeine is good, but we drink coffee for the flavor, not the kick so much; and you can get really tasty coffee for half that (dark roast sumatran is DH's favorite)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Definitely agree with that @ Britesea. I would have vetoed that purchase if I had been at the store with him. That's probably why he likes to shop without me. I do appreciate him doing the shopping - but some things are not ok - this is one of them. But, it is tasty - very dark and rich. But, not worth that amount of money.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I love my coffee - every day and I usually have two big travel mugs. At $20.00 a lb - I'll go broke drinking that, lol! But, I would be ok having it for a treat.

Finished one run of the fence project. Hanging gates are a PIA! Keeping posts straight and level is a PIA - but the fence looks pretty good and I'm proud of the work I put in on it. Ouch my arm hurts from patting myself on the back!