Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Coffee is one thing we will splurge on. We find we will make less with better coffee. And we only make it at home on the weekends. :)

when i find some i really like i grind it very fine (like powder) and seal it up in jars and put it in the freezer in portions. since i'm so sensitive to caffiene anyways i don't use much at all when i'm drinking or making real coffee and i like to make it turkish style. most of the time if i'm drinking my fake coffee substitute (Caffix seems ok for me so far) i don't need a lot of that either to be satisfied. as a treat about once a week i'll have some with added sugar and/or real vanilla extract. i've been doing less of that this past year though because the price of vanilla has gone up so much.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
On my second cuppa and getting ready to take DH to an eye appt. They will be doin a Visual Field test to see if they can figure out why his right eye is so uncooperative when asked to do it's job. Sigh.... he's so tired of eye problems and will likely just have to accept his vision in it's altered state. :(

Would rather get out this morning and work on another area of fence - but I'll tackle it when we get home. Weather is supposed to deteriorate tomorrow - may start tonight. I need to pay more attention to the forecast. Rain is not what I need right now! But, at least it will force me to work inside tomorrow. Maybe I'll get some meat ground - or maybe I'll get some cleaning/laundry taken care of. So much to do!

Boy - ya'll were right when you said my to-do list will never get done. Every time I look around I see something else that needs my undivided attention. Geeze! I love putting things back in order though. It's good for me physically AND mentally. Seeing things that have bugged me for so long finally get addressed is good medicine, lol.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
When working we often have to "overlook" some things. It's normal. Right now, I need a week in each room :lol:

Would be so nice if they could find an easy assist for that eye vision. He's been through so very much with his eyes...easy doesn't seem to be a part, sadly. But we can always hope! :fl

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
"I love putting things back in order though. It's good for me physically AND mentally. Seeing things that have bugged me for so long finally get addressed is good medicine, lol. "

I can relate to this so much. You are right, it's so good to get things back in order and settle into peace 💗

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Turns out there's no major issue with DH's eye - his vision has deteriorated a bit but they think a new prescription will help (as much as anything ever will). I'm off today (supposed to be retired)! May go in tomorrow to help with interviews IF they can get them lined up with some applicants. I have a feeling there won't be anything done before the break which starts next week. After the college re-opens in January I will officially NOT be an employee and will probably not be allowed to participate. Oh well.... However, I did tell my co-workers that I'd come in a couple of times after the new person is on the job to give them a little training.

I'm working on fences still. Started this morning and haven't made as much progress as I wanted to....ugh. But, progress is progress I suppose.

I've been watching the does to see if any look like they're growing baby bellies. One for sure but the others are being sneaky. It's a bit early though...it's only been a month since the buck was with them.

My little fall garden is about to give me a meal! Broccoli is coming on - so exciting!

DH is headed to town to grab some concrete for setting gate posts. I'm going to grab a quick bite of lunch and then get back outside.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I sooooo miss a winter garden. The first freeze we had here took out the volunteer mustard and radishes that had come up on their own. So far, I haven't been able to keep anything over the winter like I could in Livingston, not even past the first frost/freeze.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm not going to get tons of stuff - but I've got broccoli that will be ready to pick within a week or so I think. Cabbage and carrots should make too....everything else is kinda iffy. I've got a few radishes up and I planted some sugar snaps that have yet to make an appearance. I figured that one was a gamble anyway so I won't be disappointed if I don't get anything.

I'm back at work today. I had a whole different idea on how retirement was supposed to go. For some reason I thought that meant you didn't go to work anymore...:idunno But, today is interviews for my replacement and I wanted to be in on that anyway. I also told them I'd volunteer to come in and help train the new person after the first of the year.

Picked up another gate this morning that I needed. My local TSC was out of them so I went to a neighboring town and got one. The post is set so hopefully it won't be too hard to finish that project. I have another 4 ft walk-through gate to hang and I hope that will finally make my life easier. I'm great at popping up fences here and there - but I never seem to have the time to actually put in a REAL gate (as opposed to a section of panel and some clips). This is a real step up for me, lol.