Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Geeze - I already see lots of stuff I missed - but can't get everything first try I guess. Totally forgot that in the right hand corner of the back yard are my raised beds. The metal shed in the back yard has 2 10 x 10 stalls on the barnyard side (one opens into a pen that's 10 x 20 and has served as a chicken run or overflow kidding area....and another area on the right hand side that's divided and has cut-outs that go out to the pens. Lotsa details missing and scale is bad, bad, bad.

Weather today is going to get warm! We're going all the way up to 81 if you believe the weather liars. Record for today is 82 - maybe we'll beat it. It'll be ok for working outside and hopefully finishing up the fence line in front of the red barn. We set the gate post in concrete yesterday so it should be ready to hang the gate from this morning. It's only a 4 foot gate so it shouldn't be a big ol' hairy deal. I'm ready to have this project behind me. And, I need to get on it this morning so I can watch the Texans game at noon!

I was so tired yesterday that I went to bed at 9pm and slept until 8am this morning. Feel pretty good this morning except being a little stiff....that'll work its way out as soon as I get moving.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm noticing that I seem to prefer "getting started" closer to 9-10 than 6-7 AM. If I'm needing something done, this later time I NOT a good thing. LOL Perhaps it's just that I need to not work so many days a week -- we'll see. January is slow month, maybe I can work on my schedule.

Then, who cares when I start??? Only those waiting for feed. :th

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm enjoying starting when I want to start instead of somebody else's schedule! And, I'm pleased to say that I'm almost practically finished with everything on the fencing project except for pounding in a few more t-posts. I ran out of daylight - mostly because I sat on my behind for three hours and watched the Texans WIN!!! It was worth it. I have enough t-posts but some of them are stuck in the ground in other places - I need to pull some up. I got the big stuff done because I was working desperately to outrun the rain that's headed our way. The area where I was working today is a mess after a rain so I'm glad to have the big stuff taken care of there.

Maybe tomorrow I'll pick some lemons and get them juiced. I want to can some of the juice. I've tried freezing it in ice cube trays and while that works - I think I'd rather can some. I'll start small and see if we enjoy the taste of the juice after it's canned.

Have a pork loin cooking. Hope it turns out good - it's one of the pigs we butchered a few weeks ago. I'm hungry so I need it to taste good. Of course if I'm hungry - it WILL taste good, lol.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Maybe tomorrow I'll pick some lemons and get them juiced. I want to can some of the juice. I've tried freezing it in ice cube trays and while that works - I think I'd rather can some. I'll start small and see if we enjoy the taste of the juice after it's canned.

lemon and lime are both so useful for doing many other dishes. we go through a lot of lemon juice here.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hey my team won too! Started off rough but they won. Got to watch part of the game even. We don't have cable so I only see a rare 1:00 game at my parents' house.

Good job getting that fencing project almost done! Retirement is going to be awesome for you!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Cowboys won over the Rams! We all had a good football afternoon! I got a round bale for the sheep and gave Russell some smoked sausage, told him if he shot a feral pig, quarter it, pack in ice and bring it to me. If he does, we’ll make him stuffed sausage. I wouldn’t do that for just anybody.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My DGS is a Dallas fan... sigh. But, that's ok. And, he's getting an official NFL hoodie for Christmas!

Watching the progress of our cold/wet front and wondering if I want to get outside NOW as opposed to later. Had soft plans to go to town today and finish up some last minute stocking stuffer things for the grands. But, I might let that wait a day or so and finish up a few things outside. DH is taking his mom to a doc appointment today and eye doc appointment for her on Wednesday. He has his own eye doc appointment on Thursday. Whew...

I climbed on the scale this morning and am pleased to say I'm down a couple pounds. Hopefully that trend will continue in retirement. Might have to attribute it to moving my feet - a LOT! I did over 10K steps yesterday. I think it totaled up to 4.4 miles. My feet are not happy, but the rest of me is, lol.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Haven't done much of anything today except go and spend way too much money in town. But, I hope I have just about everything I need for the rest of the dang year!! It's been spitting and sputtering rain this morning but I got through with my shopping without getting wet. Got home and have everything unloaded and most of it put away and I hear thunder in the distance. Made it just in time! Looks like I'm going to have a quiet mostly inside kinda day. Had a bite of lunch (after no breakfast) and now I'm going to just sit here and veg for a few minutes. That shopping trip was more exhausting than a whole day of building fence!!