Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am a sneaky lil' devil, lol!

To make up for it:
1DFBEC36-830B-4871-8F58-C7FE43EC1853.jpeg

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
She is gorgeous! There were brindles in the litter that I thought about - but decided to go with something that didn't look like either of my other dogs. Helps to tell them all apart at a distance. Maddie (10 year old Pyr) has mostly retired to the back yard. It dawned on me the other day that when Maddie moved out of the pasture about 6 months ago is when Missy started really taking on more real guarding responsibilities.

Maddie is still great physically, but I think having two younger and bigger dogs around just kinda wore her out, lol. She and Gracie are my backyard guardians now. Maddie still goes out with me occasionally, but always looks forward to coming back to the house. Could be in part because she gets a whole lot of attention (and better snacks) on the back porch, lol.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I absolutely LOVE her!! The coloring is perfect IMO. Of course, with 3 girls there.....well, some real interesting seasonal issues. LOL As to Maddie, I suppose it's kind of like us and the big dinners....I'll help set the table, you youngins can do the cooking and dishes now! :lol:

You got any MORE top secret things to divulge?? Surprised this lasted so long.

Is this "friend" the one where you set the free hay?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
If I didn't know she was half GP I'd swear she was full-blood Anatolian. Every one of those pups looked Anatolian....guess Cowboy put his stamp on 'em, lol.

No, it's not the same lady I get hay from. This lady and I met years ago. She lived a couple of miles from here. We used to ride horses together ages ago. And, of course it's all my fault that she has goats, lol. I've never quite forgiven her for moving away. :( She's several hours southwest of me, but it's so hard to get together. Actually she lives fairly close to my ex. I guess I could kill a day and go visit 'em both, lol. Ummmm - NOT!

It's not too hard to keep the dogs apart at those special times of year. Cowboy is very obvious about paying attention to them well before they're receptive. So, when the fights start it's time to keep 'em apart. And, the girls are pretty much on the same schedule so that makes it easier! Of course, having 3 girls in the back yard creates it's own special problems.

Decided to get my microscope out today and refresh my memory on running fecals. I got all the equipment several years back but never got into the habit of doing it. Decided that there's no reason for me not to start back up. I need practice and I have plenty of goats to practice on!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Still don’t know how you kept your mouth shut about her!

Cuz most of the time she was ticking me off, lol! Like I said - she wasn't obviously bad - but she sure wasn't good. I never saw her mess with a goat - cuz she would never have survived Cowboy's discipline. But I can't swear that she wasn't responsible for a few baby pigs disappearing... :( No proof of course. She's kinda like me - sneaky smart!! :lol: (I amuse myself)