Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Those gals are bottomless pits, lol. I've added a separate feeding of alfalfa pellets to their menu and they love 'em. And even more - they inhale them and they're gone in about 17 seconds. Gone - gone!

I use those & mix with crushed BP, an amount of chicken scratch (corn, oats, barley, BOSS)…..they charge and It's like a vacuum came by! :lol:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I probably should pick up some beet pulp - but it's expensive here! How much is bp in your neck of the woods
@Mini Horses? It's $15+ here for 50 lbs at the feed mill. TSC wants almost that much for 40lbs.

I got a lot done today, but it's never enough. I had too many helpers. Meet Sweet Pea:

425AAA58-F784-442D-86F4-8F761C66ADB7.jpeg
Sweet Pea forces me to give her belly rubs by flopping down on my feet every time I slow down.

I also have jealous goats who want as much attention as Sweet Pea gets. Meet Fern:

Attachments

• E573993F-A86A-4579-BD4D-70A904B616DB.jpeg
    E573993F-A86A-4579-BD4D-70A904B616DB.jpeg
    396.8 KB · Views: 228

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Woo Hoo! Three less mouths to feed on the farm. Three less BIG mouths to feed. Three boars left the farm today.

Had a very strange experience today. The termite guys came back to check some of the traps so I was inside for awhile. They left and I was still sitting on my behind on the sofa about 20 minutes later I heard the storm door latch. I thought it was possibly a package delivery because sometimes the guys will open the storm door and slip a package in between the two doors. So, I got up and peeked out the peep hole and saw someone walking away. I moved to a window so I could see more clearly and a woman was walking quickly away from my house and was looking back over her shoulder. There was a bicycle at the end of my driveway that she hopped on and rode away on. At first she headed to the dead end part of the road and a couple of minutes later she had turned around and was riding in front of my house again. It's not like she knocked on the door and waited for someone to answer. It's like she tried the door and then skedaddled. Very strange. I thought briefly about opening the door and calling out to her but I didn't have any "security" close. With the upcoming home improvement project and strangers coming in and out we thought it best to stash the guns away. Just weird...

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Strange bike lady!! Strange!

BP is about the same here. Expensive but I like it for bad weather days and to mix with grains as it fluffs everything up in the gut. Began researching and using it way back in the horse show days. Hate to say it was 1/2 the price then BUT -- ok, really hate to say this, it's been 25+ years. Hard to believe!! :th Really? Yep!

There were some nice AGHs posted on CL at give away prices but, I am not even thinking beyond "nice price"! Part of my downsize is to limit the variety of animals and pigs are not on my plan...or cows I continue to look at all the ads!! :lol:

Glad you reduced your numbers, I don't miss mine.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My bet is on the woman trying the door to see if she could get in to steal something. Creepy.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My bet is on the woman trying the door to see if she could get in to steal something. Creepy.
That was my thought. I gotta say - my firearm is back within easy reach. We had a break-in next door some months back. Not looking for it to happen here!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Great, wonderful awesome day! I got dirt under my fingernails and finally, FINALLY got some tomato plants outside where they belong! I started by shoveling a load of barn gold into a garden cart and moving it up to the yard where I've got bunch of big tubs that I've been using for tomatoes. Shoveled out some of last year's dirt mix and refreshed it with some of the barn gold. Whoop, whoop! Garden season has officially started! (I'm not very excited....lol)

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That was my thought. I gotta say - my firearm is back within easy reach. We had a break-in next door some months back. Not looking for it to happen here!

That is why I like our gate across the driveway. It’s a PITA to open and close, but with big barking dogs, who’s going to come in?

I have a welsummer hen, she’s with an EE rooster and I got a few olive eggers in the batch I hatched last summer. I have 14 EE, EE/ Welsummer and EE/cream legbar hens. I need to keep the 14 and slaughter the EE rooster and his 5 motley hens.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That is why I like our gate across the driveway.
DH has been making threatening noise about a driveway alarm. Not sure if it would have helped in this circumstance because the woman left her bicycle at the road and walked up the driveway. I need to research the alarms more - and I'm also thinking about one of those 'ring' doorbells.

Big weather maker in the area today - but kinda looking like it will be most active north of us. Sure hope so. Might make today a shopping day for the tile I need for the bathroom re-do. Don't really want to get out but it's gotta be done.