Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Couple hours later:
6AA1C714-717C-4F75-83DA-E7687A3F17F1.jpeg

New footer(?) and studs. Windows were replaced right after this shot

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i hope they found out where the extra moisture was coming from to get into that wall! are you going to make the wall thicker and add more insulation?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yes - we did find the water issue and it has been resolved. The wall won't be any thicker but it will definitely be sound and strong again. New insulation is here and waiting to be installed. Most of the new siding is on the outside and will need to be painted. Guess I need to pick up paint the next time I'm in town. I'm just bummed about the whole thing - and exhausted. I only slept a couple hours last night and it was interrupted because I got up from 2 until about 4:30 because I couldn't shut my brain off. Oh well...this will all work itself out and be life back to normal soon enough.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
header. looks real good! he's a keeper

This is the only person who will EVER work on my house again, even though he's threatened to block my number because my house is such a PIA, lol! His real job is at the college where I worked and this is how he's spending his spring break. :(

He built a cover over my back porch several years ago and I knew then he was the real deal because he wouldn't do something that I thought I wanted. He said "nope - that's not the right way to do it." Then he told me that if I wanted it done that way I could probably find someone to do it - but that it wouldn't be him! Yep - he's a keeper for sure! And, in the hopes of keeping him happy even though my house is a PIA - yesterday I made them fresh chocolate chip cookies and today I baked 'em a carrot cake - from scratch! Maybe brownies tomorrow?

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
This is the only person who will EVER work on my house again, even though he's threatened to block my number because my house is such a PIA, lol! His real job is at the college where I worked and this is how he's spending his spring break. :(

He built a cover over my back porch several years ago and I knew then he was the real deal because he wouldn't do something that I thought I wanted. He said "nope - that's not the right way to do it." Then he told me that if I wanted it done that way I could probably find someone to do it - but that it wouldn't be him! Yep - he's a keeper for sure! And, in the hopes of keeping him happy even though my house is a PIA - yesterday I made them fresh chocolate chip cookies and today I baked 'em a carrot cake - from scratch! Maybe brownies tomorrow?

damn. need any more help? lol

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hopefully, today is the wrap-up day for the contractors. I need to get back to my life!! My freezers are full so I'm going to do something about that. I've got some chunks of frozen pork in there that I need to get out and grind. Some other stuff that I could get canned instead of it just taking up freezer space.

I need to corral a few wayward chickens so that I can get started on the main garden. It's time to plant!! I've got my garden tubs pretty well planted to capacity and my four raised beds so I need the main garden space now.

DH's mom (88yo) called last night and told DH that she's going to lunch with a BIG group of old people from the senior apartments where she lives. The complex has arranged for a bus to come get 'em and haul them to Kelley's restaurant for lunch. Sound like fun? He// to the NO! DH told her he didn't think it was a good idea, but she's stubborn. Now what could be worse than a bunch of folks in their 70's and 80's going as group to an overcrowded restaurant in the middle of a pandemic? ARGH!!!!

Need more coffee...