Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I was starting our garden when we got our German Shepherd pup. He loved to go out into the "garden" and shake the dirt out of the grass clumps with me. He would shake so hard that dirt would fly 10 feet in every direction. I had to wear sunglasses to keep the dirt out of my eyes. lol I never did get him trained to put the grass clumps in a pile when he was done.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That's a good guess. Goats eat it, but they like a variety in their diet and won't just stand and eat it all in one session. This will be a battle for sure.... :(

you might want to turn an area and rake through to remove all the roots you can find and then replant it with your pasture mix or lawn mix or whatever seeds you want to use. that way you won't miss any plants/roots.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Holy Cow - laughing again (all the way to the bank)! :lol: Got a surprise check in the mail today. Seems like I was a participant, and didn't even know it, in a class action lawsuit.

Looks like we won. :celebrate

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I had that happen about 8 years ago. It is a nice surprise to get a check in the mail like that.
Mine was $4.75 and I don't remember what it was for, lol. Something I bought, it didn't work, I complained on their website ... something like that.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I did it! I finally put a boy goat with some girl goats. He's only 5 months old, but he sure thinks he knows what he's doing. One tiny oops though.... I totally forgot that one of the does is his mother, and she's crazy, and I can't catch her to take her out. Oh well, I'm not terribly worried about it - kids will most likely be sold for meat anyway. Still have some different pairings in mind, but I'm going to space 'em out a little bit. Kids from any breedings right now will be February babies - brrrrr!