Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
p.s. blondes are usually trouble... :)
I can attest to that. I used to be a blonde lol. But along with that trouble came a whole lot of fun!

These days there's always something coming along to cut into the fun. DH will have a procedure next week that will likely require an overnight hospital stay. Don't know if I'll be allowed to stay with him (or if I even want to!). It's, thankfully, a fairly simple procedure to try and restore better circulation to his legs. He will have at least one, but possibly more, stent(s) placed in his legs to help restore/improve arterial blood flow. Later they will do in-office procedures for better venous flow. Hopefully that will restore his legs to flesh and blood instead of the "300 lb weights" that he claims they are.

We participated in early voting today. We were thrilled to find that because of the rain and cold there was no waiting at our early voting location.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
They are the cutest things!!!!:love
Thanks, I'm enjoying them so much.

Neither one of the pups got inside time today. It's been cool and drizzly most of the day and the little goober-heads were enjoying the respite from the heat. They got into a bucket of ashes that DH had cleaned out of the burn pit. They turned it over, dug in it, rolled in it, and probably even tasted it. Beau didn't look too bad - but he's black. Raine however! She wasn't a blonde anymore! It's mostly dried up and dusted off of her now - but I wish I'd have gotten a picture of her.

I've got some ribs in the instant pot. Looking forward to sinking my teeth into those!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just like bad little kids! That had to make you laugh. Even when they are bad, they are cute.

The hospital let me stay the night with BJ, I think the nurses are relieved when a family member stays with a patient. Nurses are so bogged down with paperwork and documenting everything that they really don't have the time they need to spend on a patient.

Maybe the hospital will let you stay with your husband, I know he would appreciate it. Then you can both come home hungry for real food and with a Hospital Hangover. :lol:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Maybe the hospital will let you stay with your husband, I know he would appreciate it. Then you can both come home hungry for real food and with a Hospital Hangover. :lol:
Unfortunately, I'm a veteran of many hospital stays with DH.... But, as a consequence I know all the good places to grab take-out from! This hospital has one of the best salad bars I've ever eaten at - but these days - I'm not loving the idea of a salad bar.

Took the young buckling out of the pasture last night. Need to get pictures and get him listed. Time to get rid of a couple mouths before winter - especially since I'm way behind on getting hay. I've only got 3 big bales. I need more!!!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It should literally just be an overnight, observation type stay. After they cut into the femoral artery to insert the camera and stent, they want to be sure it closes/clots properly. Bleeding out of a femoral artery is, unfortunately, a really quick event - so they try to avoid that! After his first cardiac cath, when he wasn't clotting as he should have, they had a big male nurse get on the bed, straddle DH, and put heavy pressure on the incision. They were both sweating bullets by the time that was over. Definitely not something DH ever wants repeated!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So far it's a goaty kind of day. Got pics of the young bucklings to get them posted. Moved some does outta the pasture. Put Conan IN the pasture and he immediately 'romanced' two does. Need to worm Chester the pygmy buck - he's a bit pale. If he's pale, I probably need to worm the female also. I haven't checked her because she just doesn't love me so I'll have to pull a surprise catch on her. Silly goat. She gets really friendly when she's bred....hormones!