Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol! Yep - that's us!

Chicks were all well and accounted for this morning! Yay for that!

We're supposed to get a bunch of rain over the next few days, but so far nothing except a tiny little bit. We do need it as foreign as that sounds to me.

I had planned for today to be an inside work day because of the rain. But, because of the lack of moisture so far, we might have to change plans (or at least be open to changing goals for the day).

Got the morning feeding done and need to get busy!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
On our way home from Conroe, raining all the way so far. In Palestine now.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
On our way home from Conroe, raining all the way so far. In Palestine now.
Drive safe!

It looks really dark to the north of us, but (so far) we've hardly had any rain at all. Checked the gauge and we've had barely a tenth of an inch... sigh.

Don't know what came over me after doing no cooking yesterday. Today I decided we had to have a low carb pumpkin cheesecake, lol. It's in the oven now.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I used this recipe: Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake | Allrecipes

The changes I made are:
Stevia type sugar substitute, a pecan crust, and we won't be using the frozen whipped topping either, lol!

If I did the math correctly it should come out to less than 15 carb grams per 1/8th of the pie. I generally try to cut 9 pieces which drops the carbs to a bit less than 13 grams. (To be perfectly fair - I don't count the <1 gram per serving in the sugar substitute. I used a stevia substitute because that's what I had.)

Haven't tasted the cooked version .... so no review yet...but the batter tasted good! :lol:

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
If you need rain please keep my share of that system, heading here!! We're supposed to get all day Mon & into Tue. It's coming here and some cold crap from NW trying to join in the fun. We've had such a decent Nov so far, warmer than norm. I don't need the rain, I want you to have it.......since you want some!? 😍