Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
He does have an insulin pump now and a continuous glucose monitor. They are great tools - but there are drawbacks. All the pump really does is to keep a continuous low dose of insulin going into his body. Awesome if you're eating and not doing anything strenuous. However, if you skip a meal or are doing anything physical you're still getting insulin when you might not need it. The pump does not change the delivery rate in response to a blood sugar reading. However, it alarms if your sugar is too low or too high. (If you have it set correctly and the volume turned up....sigh.) He has a tendency to sleep through it because if he's already going low his brain isn't as sharp as it needs to be and he might not respond to the alarm. If he's turned the volume down so he doesn't disturb me - what good does that do? I swear! (at him when he does that, lol) I told him I'd rather have a bit of sleep disturbance than the disturbance that I'd have if I woke up and found him dead in the bed.

Even with those issues (mostly due to human error) it has made a huge difference in his disease management.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DH has an appt, with pain management doc on the 16th. Geeze, maybe he'll get over it between now and then. Nothing to do but hurry up and wait I guess. Sigh

I've got okra to get in the dehydrator this morning. Ground beef on sale for $1.99. Some will be canned and some will be frozen as patties for DH. He'd do back flips for a hamburger. No wait.... no back flips for him, lol.

DD and DGD coming in tomorrow for a quick overnight stay. She's helping a friend get ready for a vow renewal so I guess I'll see 'her for about 4 hours of her 24 hour visit. :(

Need to start thinking about fall garden preps. Hard to do when it's triple digits outside. I'll have to deal with the south garden that now identifies as a jungle. Black eyed peas and red rippers on net trellising sounded like a good idea. I pounded t-posts and used heavy cable ties to extend the height with pvc pipe. Looked great - worked great until the peas got too heavy and broke the cable ties. Now most of them are running all over the ground and literally taking over the entire garden area. It's crazy ridiculous. At some point I guess it'll take a whole herd of goats to clean it up. Thank goodness for voracious goats!

I woke up tired, but I need to find energy for a rain dance. It won't be purty but it has to be done, lol!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've been given the opportunity to remember what wonderful exercise mowing with a push (yes people powered) mower is. It's awesome :rolleyes:. Belt on the big mower broke and DH can't change it with his back issues. So, I got the itty, bitty push mower out and put it to work. It was like.... all this? You want me to mow all this? Yep.

Latest posts