Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
DH is still suffering with his back - but at least it's marginally better. He's decided not to go to the pain management doc because he doesn't want the promised spinal injections. He called his Orthopedist back and requested to go straight to PT. Hopefully he can get that started fairly soon.

physical therapy helped me a great deal for some back issues i was having many years ago. i hope it helps him too! :)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
physical therapy helped me a great deal for some back issues i was having many years ago. i hope it helps him too! :)
I sure hope so. He's real tired of this crap and I'm real tired of seeing him hurt. Poor guy - it's always something...always. I'd be a terribly grouchy person if I had to put up with everything he puts up with - and he's kind while going through it all. 😍

Nothing busts a drought like a good ol’ hurricane!
Bring it on - I'm ready! I know, I know - be careful what you wish for!!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
More activity today in the procreation department today. Myotonic buck Hank, one of the two Myotonic bucks, got his first "activity" today. Myotonic goats are also known as Fainting goats. They don't really "faint", but their muscles do lock up when they are scared or excited. Geeze I shoulda had a camera. Hank got down to business, accomplished the mission, and promptly "fainted" straight away, lol. He was like....hmmmm, this is kinda fun...and then BOOM, he was flat on the ground. I really shouldn't find such humor in this, but I'm kinda warped that way!

Got some bean seeds in the ground today. Used some of the retained Purple Dove seeds. They take approximately 70 days so fingers crossed that they have time to make. Also planted some Early Contender. They're pretty quick so they'll probably produce some unless very weird weather things happen. I really need to think about when to start broccoli and cabbage. Who knows when we'll actually cool down enough not to burn them up. Weird weather seems to be a thing lately. Might do some staggered starts for some things.

We had Eggs in Purgatory for dinner. Served it over some previously dehydrated cauliflower rice. It rehydrated nicely. I'll do that again. I should probably learn to make cauliflower rice from fresh cauliflower but I generally just buy it premade.

Prediction is for 100 degress tomorrow. Will this ever end? Better chance of rain Th and Fri. Hope the weather guys finally get it right!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Geeze I shoulda had a camera. Hank got down to business, accomplished the mission, and promptly "fainted" straight away, lol. He was like....hmmmm, this is kinda fun...and then BOOM, he was flat on the ground. I really shouldn't find such humor in this, but I'm kinda warped that way!
😂🤣😂. I find this as humorous as you!!! I've had a young mini stallion slide off and stagger but, didn't fall! 🤣😂. Guess he didn't go for seconds. 🤔🙄😂🤫. We're bad!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Woke up at 4am this morning - bright eyed and bushy tailed. Ugh, lol. Tried my best to stay in bed but by 4:30 I gave up and got up. Got a couple things accomplished before it got tooo hot so it worked out. Took Hank back to his regular pen. He looked like he'd been awake all night, lol.

Milked 4 does and got a whopping gallon of milk. These does have been lactating for 8 months now and their daughters are still keeping them going for me, but gotta accept lowered amounts under those conditions. I've been milking sporadically so I'm not disappointed in their output right now.

Pulled a couple weeds and watered the beans. Made some dog treats. Put together a decent breakfast and told DH that might be breakfast, lunch and dinner! Having another cup of coffee and considering the rest of my day. But, first - gotta beat DH in a game of chess. Hopefully...

He got out of bed a mere 6 hours after I did, lol. That's ok because he got a great night's sleep and that's rare for him. And - he cleaned up the kitchen that I messed up. I can deal with that all day long!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Slept late today compared to yesterday. Up at 6:30. Got a bunch of chores done and came back inside around 9:30 dripping wet. Ugh....I'm really tired of going through two sets of clothes a day. Makes for lotsa laundry.

I have now beat DH at 3 (!) chess games in a row! But, he'll definitely get his revenge. He beats me a LOT! We thought maybe that chess is a good way to get our brains a good workout. It sure makes you think.

His back is getting better. @tortoise - thanks so much for the recommendation of the book "Crooked." He has basically devoured it and gets better every day.

I have so much that I want to do outside. Will this hellish weather ever break? We have like a 70% chance of rain later today - but I dunno. I gave up believing the forecasts months ago. Hope that, for once, they can get it right.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Slept late today compared to yesterday. Up at 6:30. Got a bunch of chores done and came back inside around 9:30 dripping wet. Ugh....I'm really tired of going through two sets of clothes a day. Makes for lotsa laundry.

nekkid gardening month...

I have now beat DH at 3 (!) chess games in a row! But, he'll definitely get his revenge. He beats me a LOT! We thought maybe that chess is a good way to get our brains a good workout. It sure makes you think.

His back is getting better.

BIG YAY!

@tortoise - thanks so much for the recommendation of the book "Crooked." He has basically devoured it and gets better every day.

gotta check that one out. thanks for the re-mention as i didn't see it the first time around...

I have so much that I want to do outside. Will this hellish weather ever break? We have like a 70% chance of rain later today - but I dunno. I gave up believing the forecasts months ago. Hope that, for once, they can get it right.

i just checked the radar. some stuff north and northwest, hope it gets to you there! we can use some rains too. i water as little as i can in some gardens but the veggies have to be regularly watered or they won't have much worth harvesting on them, so for all the work of planting and weeding (and worrying about the animals getting at them) i figure watering just has to happen.

good luck, i'll be hoping for you to get some moisture at last (other than sweat and splashes from doing dishes).