Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Right on!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

So just this morn a Boer doe gave me split twins...registerable, ya know where this is going.🤣. Neither of us will scale down that much for a while. Keeps us moving 🤷. Plus, I've got a few yrs on ya! Keep on trucking, just slower speed. 🥰

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I find I think I "want?" to grow a large garden -- needed in waaay yrs past -- now, like you, can't use it all. Even canning & sharing, overload. I'll feed more to animals this yr. Winter things for same, pumpkin, squash store well. My DD & DS milk & veg's 👎

Surely scaling back to ONLY what I need would be smart🤣 work and financial wise. It's coming. 4 goats, 12 chickens, 20x50 garden. 🤔😁. One day. :lol: :old

Hard to break old habits! :idunno

when you tell people that they only get goodies if they help out that tends to reinforce the scaling down too, when no help arrives...

"split twins" ? one buck and one doe?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Another day another dollar - lotsa dollars actually! Sold 9 more goats today. I had 14 buck kids born this year. I sold two yesterday and 9 today. I now only have 3 left and they are the ones that I'm watching as possible herd sires. And - 5 less roosters. Should be a little quieter around here now. My hay for this year is now covered - and then some. YaY!!

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Another day another dollar - lotsa dollars actually! Sold 9 more goats today. I had 14 buck kids born this year. I sold two yesterday and 9 today. I now only have 3 left and they are the ones that I'm watching as possible herd sires. And - 5 less roosters. Should be a little quieter around here now. My hay for this year is now covered - and then some. YaY!!
:clap:celebrate:celebrate:weee:weee Way to go......

That's where I am with the cattle... bunch gone 2 weeks ago; some more gone last Friday... sorted off 14 more to go to sale barn next week, 14 to go to VT and 35 to go to WVa for summer grazing... leaves just a couple for replacements kept back. Prices are too good to keep many now....