Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
its Biblical from the dust, Genesis 3:19,, we're dirt :lol: :p
Maybe so, but I don’t like eating it. Plus the fine coating on everything in the house, thanks to my big black dirtbag dog.

you may want to pick up some of those old-fashioned avaitor goggles.
No thanks. Sweat runs into my eyes. Annoying but acts as an eyewash. :lol:

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Maybe so, but I don’t like eating it. Plus the fine coating on everything in the house, thanks to my big black dirtbag dog.
Oh ya, I have 2 of those and even though I gave them showers last week, , just laying outside, and I brush them down before coming in,, the dust left on the floor from where they lay o_O PTL for Swiffer's
-- I have been having to use Q-Tips to get the dirt out of my nose after being out in the coop and raking the run.

I grew up in the NM desert-- the dirt storms ! even when all windows and doors are shut, it still gets in the house

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Houston hit 109 yesterday! I’m sorry- but that’s just too stinkin’ hot for man or beast. Also too hot for the poor trees that have already been stressed by previous freezes and droughts. So hot that one of my neighbors trees tried to jump the fence cuz it thought it was cooler on my side? Silly tree - trees can’t jump!

IMG_5488.jpeg

Neighbor has been notified and tree removal and fence repair is in my future. Neighbor is a good guy and will take on the biggest part of the work. Always something…

Last edited:

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
...aviator goggles...
No thanks. Sweat runs into my eyes. Annoying but acts as an eyewash. :lol:

i've had a very tough year of it with one of my eyes. i've never had styes before and this year i've had two. i blame the first one on when i got some dirt in my eye - it's almost gone now but taking it's time in leaving. the other popped up a few weeks ago and it is not as bad as the other one so that is a good thing, but still annoying to have either way.

in both cases at least they have not been super painful, just annoying...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Been spending some time lately working on ideas for a memorial tattoo. Yes - I'm going to get a tattoo. Don't care if the world agrees with it. My daughter loved the ink. She had several. The ones that were visible were tasteful and the ones that weren't were hidden, lol. I have a tiny little one that no one can see but I'm about to have a more public one.

I see you in everything that is beautiful. That will be written in two lines... half the sentence on top and half on bottom. It will be oblong shaped (think football). In between the two lines will be a picture. Perhaps a cardinal which represents loved ones who are gone or maybe a horse because we both loved them. Whatever pic I choose to be in the middle will be done in a watercolor type tattoo. They are colorful, soft, flowing and beautiful.

1693098625969.jpeg
1693098683148.jpeg