Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wildfire burning in Cleveland (that’s Texas) and people are evacuating.

Texas sure needs rain. The heat is coming back and winds. High fire risk.
It's bad here too. DH's ex lives in Cleveland.

I fear fire more than anything. I'd never be able to gather up my critters fast enough if we were severely threatened.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This is what happens when I’m late feeding…

IMG_3746.jpeg

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@Rammy ... how's the job going? The P.O. is having trouble keeping help up here.... a friend went into work in a post office, small near her house and that is why she took it. Says she liked it pretty good and she was offered a position at another bigger office and she turned it down... finally after 2 years she was told she HAD to take it and move up... and she said why... and they said because that is the way we do things... so she told them NO THANK YOU and quit... came back to milk testing.... and they cannot find anyone to fill the position she had.... she did not want to drive another half hour away to a bigger office... she was about 5-10 minutes from home at the place she started at... planned to stay there and "retire" out in another 10 years...
Talk about stupid... if you DON'T want to move up the ladder and don't want increased pay and like where you are... WHY insist that "this is the way we do things" ????? TOTALLY STUPID.....

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@Rammy ... how's the job going? The P.O. is having trouble keeping help up here.... a friend went into work in a post office, small near her house and that is why she took it. Says she liked it pretty good and she was offered a position at another bigger office and she turned it down... finally after 2 years she was told she HAD to take it and move up... and she said why... and they said because that is the way we do things... so she told them NO THANK YOU and quit... came back to milk testing.... and they cannot find anyone to fill the position she had.... she did not want to drive another half hour away to a bigger office... she was about 5-10 minutes from home at the place she started at... planned to stay there and "retire" out in another 10 years...
Talk about stupid... if you DON'T want to move up the ladder and don't want increased pay and like where you are... WHY insist that "this is the way we do things" ????? TOTALLY STUPID.....
We are having trouble finding people. Alot apply but when it comes time where they have to get their own POV ( personel operating vehicle) they quit, or dont even take the job because of it.
Not all offices require you to get one, like White House a half hour from me.
But because of WH having LLV( long life vehicle) and are able to get alot of RCA's ( Rural Carrier Assistant) you dont get alot of hours.
Its a hard job. Im worn out. But the paycheck is great.
Tomorrow two routes go up for bid, and we will be losing two subs. That leaves just me. One of the subs is a PTF (part time flexible). That position will be vacant. Im next in line for it. Almost $25 an hour and some benefits. Plus a set work schedule and no Amazon Sunday!
If I get it.
Another girl who has more seniority than me is coming back after being off work since last November.
But........when she was there, she could barely run the auxilliary route, which is being disolved and the route she was sub on she couldnt do without help.
If she gets it over me Im filing a grievance. Ive done every rural route in there. She cant even do one.
Ok......(b)itchfest over.
Oh, yeah.......we have a new postmaster and she's a witch. Change that first letter to a b if you want. 😉