FS: Spinning Wheel Stuff

mrbstephens

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
DH is a woodworker. He's making bobbins and orifice hooks. These are handturned on a lathe out of cherry, mahogany, walnut, and maple. Please contact me if you're interested.

1222_img_1606.jpg

1222_img_1604.jpg

1222_img_1605.jpg

1222_img_1613.jpg

1222_img_1618.jpg

1222_img_1608.jpg

mrbstephens

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Those sure are pretty! I have lots of wool but no wheel.... :(
You need a wheel! Or at least a drop spindle. What do you do with the wool if you don't spin it?

mrbstephens

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Henrietta23 said:
He doesn't happen to make drop spindles, does he?
:lol: That's sooooooo funny! We were just at this very minute talking about that. He'll be making them soon! Do you have a particular request?

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
mrbstephens said:
Henrietta23 said:
:lol: That's sooooooo funny! We were just at this very minute talking about that. He'll be making them soon! Do you have a particular request?
No, I can't say that I do. I have a very basic spindle that was made by the DH of the woman who gave a one day spinning class. I'm kind of wondering if something more attractive my inspire me more? :idunno I wouldn't want to custom order anything but if he made some I'd love to look and think about it if that makes sense?

mrbstephens

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Henrietta23 said:
mrbstephens said:
Henrietta23 said:
No, I can't say that I do. I have a very basic spindle that was made by the DH of the woman who gave a one day spinning class. I'm kind of wondering if something more attractive my inspire me more? :idunno I wouldn't want to custom order anything but if he made some I'd love to look and think about it if that makes sense?
Sure. I'll definitely post pics if/when he makes them.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
mrbstephens said:
Henrietta23 said:
mrbstephens said:
Sure. I'll definitely post pics if/when he makes them.
Awesome! Thanks!!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
mrbstephens said:
freemotion said:
Those sure are pretty! I have lots of wool but no wheel.... :(
You need a wheel! Or at least a drop spindle. What do you do with the wool if you don't spin it?
Um.....the dirty wool is in bags on my porch and in my garage.... :hide I think most of it is too short to spin but I want to make a really, really warm duvet for our king-size bed and maybe a couple of pillows. I do have a drop spindle made by someone who used to be regular here....woodwizard...still lurking out there, fella? :frow

Gotta get that fleece washed. I've been having some difficulty with it. I was in TSC today and forgot to look for Orvus. I think I'll go through gallons of Dawn without getting the darn stuff clean. I let it sit too long, I think.