FS: Spinning Wheel Stuff

mrbstephens

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
freemotion said:
mrbstephens said:
freemotion said:
Those sure are pretty! I have lots of wool but no wheel.... :(
You need a wheel! Or at least a drop spindle. What do you do with the wool if you don't spin it?
Um.....the dirty wool is in bags on my porch and in my garage.... :hide I think most of it is too short to spin but I want to make a really, really warm duvet for our king-size bed and maybe a couple of pillows. I do have a drop spindle made by someone who used to be regular here....woodwizard...still lurking out there, fella? :frow

Gotta get that fleece washed. I've been having some difficulty with it. I was in TSC today and forgot to look for Orvus. I think I'll go through gallons of Dawn without getting the darn stuff clean. I let it sit too long, I think.
Well, the longer you leave it unwashed the harder it is to get the lanolin washed out. First check to see that it hasn't started to deteriorate. Grab a small lock and see that it isn't brittle. It should not tear easily. I had two fleeces stored in my garage for over a year. One was washed and is in great condition. The other wasn't washed and will probably need to be pitched.

Latest posts