Fun Seeking Farmerchick Journal

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
I love breakfast out. You can get a little bit of everything without having to cook it all. Tell Tony Happy Birthday early!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
thanks punkin

Tony had a good b-day ---1 day early..LOL

real day is tomorrow but did it today since sunday is an easier day to "slow" down.....monday will be hectic

yea, someone cooking and doing dishes for you is a treat isn't it? sure is for me..LOL....breakfast out was nice! :)

heck he is 44---I thought he was 46
OH BOY was I wrong..HAHA

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
2dream said:
Not quite the canine - more like the cat that ate the canary.

Have a fun breakfast away from home. That sounds like a good plan.
:lol: :p

thanks 2dream
breakfast was good. easy too, no dishes..HAHA
Nicole and Tony ate like hound dogs. Good healthy farm appetites.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well Tony said today that his $240 shoes HAS FIXED his heel in 2 days already. WOW...he worked 2 days (12 hr shift) and was off cause they are fixing their January schedule. In those 2 days with those shoes he has marked improvement in his heel. He isn't tip toeing aruond the house and keep weight off his heel. WOW I am surprised cause I figured it was money down the toilet...hmm...goes to show me right?

lol

when he goes back to work Thurs he has 4 straight days again and I can only hope those shoes do the trick for the poor guy. I gotta keep him in good shape somehow.

oh well another day down...off to bed soon, tired today.

everyone have a good night and see ya'll in the AM

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
crazy day
run here and there and seemed like nothing done...hmmm..those days are rotten..HAHA

hit the road today, post office, delivery of wholesale soaps to stores, did a little shopping, the off to the bank

Tons of banking, opening up safety dept. box, canceling and combing some accts, was doing CD and all that but percent was 1.15% for 6 months and 2.25 for 23 mos....what the?
wow is that low...haven't checked it in a while

so screw that I opened $5K into a Quest acct and as long as I hold $5K there I get 2% interest and my money is available and not locked up...so I went that way on that fund.

free checks, free safety box, so I am happy wtih banking right now.

at my other bank I have to close out 2 savings accts and throw it into my quest acct. hey 2% is better than what is out there in savings..lol

UGH

Got all that done iwth Tony and Nicole tagging along so come 12 everyone was starving. we didn't eat before we left the house. I didn't want to stop, I said go home and eat....OH NO, they were going to perish....so ate at a buffet place. ugh.....so $22 dropped on lunch. Kill me I have got to get Tony under control about eating out at the drop of a hat. We have probably spent in the last 2 weeks a couple hundred eating out and that is just not good at all!!

so taking control of that again.

Got to go wash eggs and get some work accomplished

good thing is Nicole goes to school tomorrow--might be only 4 hrs but what a blessed 4 hrs that is for me..HAHA.

gotta clean tomorrow. Christmas evidence is all over the house and getting on my nerves. Nicole has 3 days at school this week which means all Xmas stuff boxed, all house cleaned, all toys picked up and back to normal living vs. holiday living..lol

bye ya'll gotta go work

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
re: CD rates

i KNOW - can you believe it!!? pretty soon we'll be paying THEM to hold our money

dang..

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
:th

I miss eating out :/
you know I was like that a bit ago.....now it is reverse. I saved good money not eating out so much, but lately with Tony having shut down at work and holidays it seems we are "stopping" here and there so much more.

Time for him to go back to work and make money...hahaha

go girl---go out and eat one day. get a buy one entree, get one free. we have that a local steakhouse...best deal in the world with that coupon. so reasonable.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
re: CD rates

i KNOW - can you believe it!!? pretty soon we'll be paying THEM to hold our money

dang..
I know.....horrible isn't it.
The bank lady said they are lowing rates terrible cause they want to manipulate your money back into money markets and stocks and out in the world...they don't want you getting decent interest and let it sit in banks. they want you to spend or take chances on stocks.

not me, 2% is good right now for my emergency funds.

The CDs were terrible. I was set to buy one, heck no

right now it is hard to win out there..LOL

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
aint that right. i got the guy who was trying to sell me on the superduper bad CD rate and i was all 'come on. why would i do that when the interest rate on the savings is better?' he finally just had to admit that there was no darn good reason.

but yep.

thats why i'm putting all my money in chickens
;-)
(just kiddin - i'm betting on the turkeys! hee hee)

Latest posts