Gall stones?

Thewife

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hubbys daughter called him today.
She has gall stones AGAIN? (I think that's what they are called)

Thoughts?
Ideas?

Frosting

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Gall stones or kidney stones?

I thought for gall stones they took the gall bladder? :idunno And kidney stones they can breakup if small enough or surgically remove if not.

A niece had kidney stones and they tested them to see what they were made of. Her's were sodium accumulations and she was told to quit using salt. Maybe have your DH's daughter have her's tested to see what is causing them and find a prevention treatment.

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
One can remove gall stones with an elimination protocol. I have a friend who has a propensity for them and she does the Liver Flush every year to remove stones. This page will tell you everything you need to know. I have known several people over the years with this painful condition who got rid of it by doing the following.

http://www.healthsalon.org/385/the-liver-flush/

Thewife

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Thanks guys, looks like I need to do some reading!

I'm not sure where the stones are, I just know the last time she had them she was in some major pain.
I was always under the impression it had to do with diet, but I guess a nurse told her she was just prone to them and had to learn to live with it?

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I had my gall bladder removed at age 28. My great-grandma died from gall bladder disease. My grandma and mother both had theirs out. My aunt on my dad's side also suffers with GBD. Sometimes it runs in the family. May be genetic or it may be from food habits that have been handed down. :hu

I didn't really have stones but more like a sludge from a GB that didn't work right. After the GB came out, I still had some IBS issues until doing a liver cleanse. Now I rarely have an IBS attack. I know I'm probably deficient in some enzymes without a GB and do need to look at getting back on a couple supplements from Standard Process. I'm just terrible at taking any pills. :sick

ams3651

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I had my gall bladder removed at 16. I had an infection that settled there and killed it. I never had stones. My cousin however did. It can be painful but also seriously dangerous. She had hers removed because the stones were blocking the duct and she was being poisoned by the back up of bile. Please tell her if it is her gall bladder to take it seriously.

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My husband had his gall bladder out about 3 years ago. No stones, just sludge. He had pain so bad it took him down to the floor in the middle of the airport.

The sclera (whites) of his eyes were also slightly yellow, a reflection of liver drainage issues.

Turns out his gall bladder was necrotic! Pure black. We have a lovely photo of it! It was a difficult removal also...but that's another story.

I do recommend a sonogram of the area to really see what you are up against. It was a sonogram that showed surgery was a better choice than a cleanse for my husband, as no stones were there and the bladder was highly inflammed, (swollen) we knew something unusual was up.

Even very large stones can be passed with the cleanse. The epsom salts (magnesium) relaxes the duct so they can be passed painlessly. Most stones aren't all that big though.

Frosting

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wow! I thought when a gallbladder was bad or had stones it had to be removed. Learning something new everyday. :)

rowdysunsetart

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Gallstones are usually caused from legumes such as peanut butter and soybeans, the proteins in them cannot be broken down by our bodies. There is a natural remedy and I know it works I have done it. It is not fun and is painful when the stones come out. but I have never had gall bladder trouble since and it has been 30 years. There is a wonderful book by Penny C. Royal called Herbally Yours. I took some pain killer(knowing it was going to hurt) then I drank 1 cup of virgin olive oil and 1/2cup of fresh lemon juice, and took vitamin A 10,000 and C 5000 on an empty stomach, it took about an hour and I had to go to the restroom and it was painful but not horribly and I passed everyone of them, then I drank some fuengreek seed tea with honey for two days only two cups a day and it healed, the doctor had the before pic with full gallstones and I went in the next day and there were none and the healing was already showing. I was weak for about a weak and rested, but I have never had any problems again, one main thing is I always eat olive oil and lemon whenever I have peanut butter or any nut butter or legume...not at the same time of course. There are times if the Gall bladder is diseased this wouldnt work, but mine was just full of stones :D

Latest posts