Garden Seeding

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I usually do my beans (all varieties) in double rows. Not sure where I picked up that habit.

I used to use heavy building/construction plastic for my seedlings. Since I reused every year, the holes for tomatoes were fixed.

i'm going to try double rows this coming season. i normally plant things a bit too close so what i want to do is make the double rows fairly close but then leave more room in between the double rows for walking/weeding. we'll see how it goes. :) always worth trying different things.

i rotate plant for the tomatoes so the holes are always placed in a different location each year and i also try to remember previous years too so i can avoid repeat plantings. with the scant use of fertilizers here (because it all comes from the worm compost farm i keep) i am very vigilant about rotating what i plant to get the most use out of that worm compost. it is good for a few seasons from what i can tell.

R2elk

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Rows are made with a hoe. Hand seeding the direct seed stuff. Spacing on everything is done by the eyeball method.

Direct seed planting won't happen here until May 1st. Mid March is when tomatoes get started inside. Mid May is when pumpkins, melons, cucumbers get started inside.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Always wanted to try double rows. I guess they would be wide rows. But when I get out in the garden, i plant single rows every time. Only because I think weeding wide rows would be harder. IDK...

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Latest posts