Gardening on a budget - Share your money saving tips

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yeah, I had read those comments. They are good. I use 2 wading pools for my ducks, but I suppose they can be used as planters. I can keep it in mind, but I am thinking to just use Momma's stockpile of plastic drums and cut them each in half. I figure they will stand taller and give me more years, but its not a bad idea.
I must have seen or thought of the bleach container thing and wanted to try it out. DH insisted on us getting an actual killing cone, because he said we won't fit the geese in a bleach bottle, but the smaller birds start moving around in it, so I have to hold their heads until they loose enough blood for me to leave them alone. I can probably use a couple of bleach killing cones. Last time I bled something, was roosters and I just tied their feet to twine on my A frame, like in the old days. That same twine has ended a lot of rooster's lives. It would be ideal, if it weren't so close to the edge, where they can hit their wings. A few times they flap and dislocate one of their wings and I feel sorry for them, that not only I'm killing them, but they had to suffer needlessly and it is a spot on them that will be more difficult to work with, but it gets the job done. Worse thing, maybe is the two spots of blood in the middle of the yard.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@Tirtzah you can alert or reply to someone by using the @ it will show up in out alerts like this one has for you. When ever you are on a forum that is new to you, you have to learn how things work. :thumbsup