Gas or propane refrigeration

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I only made one batch of goat milk soap and it was from some frozen colostrum I had and it messed up somehow. Smelled horrible and turned orange. I have been advised against freezing it in the future.

JASTECH

Power Conserver
Reaction score
It is but, so are the oils I use...coconut, palm, olive, etc.

I cook with organic Olive oil, Grape seed oil and Avocado oil. Been meaning to get organic coconut oil too. Don't know what I would use the coconut oil with? We rat a lot of beans. Cook black beans with raw garlic, avocado oil, tumeric, chili arbor. Himalayan salt, thyme and parsley with a few grinds of a 4 pepper grinder. We then treat tortillas into 8 triangles and scoop bean into each little taco triangle. Works for our budget. I'm in the hospital again, two days so far. Thinking twisted intestinal tract.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Jastech -- sorry about hospital Feel better soon! As to coconut oil it's great for any frying/cooking. Has higher temp tolerance so doesn't burn as quickly as other oils for frying. Also, doesn't add a coconut flavor...really no flavor.

Rhoda...bruce -- I use the milk, not colostrum. But, I do freeze it to use. The frozen milk helps cool the lye as it's added and that also melts the milk. If it gets too hot, the milk will turn dark -- ask me how I know -- and I also have this bowl sitting in ice water as I mix. My product is made with food grade lye. Also, since it takes a lot of ice, I freeze water in qt size plastic bottles, put those into cool water in the sink to sit the mixing bowl into. When done, I refreeze the bottles. Saves buying ice & neater to stack in freezer.

If milking several does I also use the frozen bottle in water method in a cooler to put the glass bottles of milk into while milking others. Then take all to freezer for an hr or so to quickly cool, then place them into a cold refer. I find the freezer does well to quicly chill to good temps. This is drinking milk. :)

JASTECH

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Mini, thanks. Still in hospital today, my 9 year old boy and neighbor are feeding the herd. New cat scan shows they have me untwisted.

JASTECH

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hope you get to go home soon!
They let me out, son and neighbor still feeding herd until I can handle the task. I don't like laying about, better to heal properly though.
Thanks to all for concern. Still need to go back to court March 3, nothing like a plate of stress to chew on.

JASTECH

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Back feeding herd, then broke tooth 15 sometime ago, think when in martial arts, pulled half out and one root. After two days of migraine my friend told me to go have it removed as his friend died from infection. So now healing and trying not to eat crunchy stuff.

Goat soap, how much for one bar? Have you tried to add Essential Oils to the mix?

Latest posts