Gas prices today...

ScottyG

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
It's $1.96 here! On the one hand, I think that's great news, and such a relief to those who need it. On the other hand, it was so nice that everyone was seriously considering alternative energy sources for a while there, and the talk seems to be dying down now, which bums me out. Hopefully it won't die down in the halls of government too. I can't help but be a TEENY bit of a conspiracy theorist and think that the prices are lower because the oil companies were getting nervous about all the talking. Sigh.

But still. Yay for cheaper gas! I'm driving across the country next week, and will appreciate it VERY much.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I got $1.86 here today
WOW thrilled
but not getting carried away, the axe will drop again..LOL

sweetcorn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Sweetcorn-the highest here was $5.09 for diesel. I thing it was about $4.79 for regular. Our area is isolated and under one distributor who has prices that are usually higher than other California places.
:th UGH !!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I understand that about HALF of the price we pay for gas is TAX and other Surcharges. The tax depends on your local government and state as well. The money mostly goes to road repair and other things.

Even here in Missouri the price is widely varied by county. We just have to get out of our county to pay 10 cents less a gallon, or we can cross the state line into Kansas and pay 10 cents more a gallon. Cheapest gas I found so far recently was in Sedalia, MO when we were on the way to the lake. 15 cents cheaper a gallon than at home.

California has so many more environmental laws and regulations that the consumer pays to enforce at the pump and lots more road tax in general. The cars in California even have to meet higher emission standards.

PS. Gas last night $1.59!

Latest posts