Gas...when will you see $4?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
lol, UNLESS you already have :lol:

we are $3.96 right now....hmm...lets see, by EASTER weekend and spring break for kiddos cause people travel. nice time to hit that $4 mark for next week.

I guess...next week definitely into the $4s at my location.

what do you guess?

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My guess is that we hit $4/gallon in 2006 :)

I wish I could find gas for that now... we're at $1.41/liter or about $5.32?/gallon now, which is actually the same price we were paying in 2008 so it doesn't seem quite that bad...

mrscoyote

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I saw $4.04 last week at one of the convenience stations. In town it was $3.95.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
It is 3.99 right now at our nearest gas station, I actually expect it to be 5$ a gallon in some places this summer. Usually this spike doesn't occur until May, but we are 2 monthes early on it. So no tellin' what gas will be by then :/

taoist

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
It has been over $4/gallon at most retail places that I've found here in WA for the past few weeks. We've been filling up at Costco and it hit $3.99/gallon last week there. BUT....yesterday we went down to Portland and the Costco there had it for $3.88/gallon PLUS...they pump your gas! That was a blast from the past! I don't think I've had anyone pump my gas since the early 70s!

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It's been up over $4/gallon here since early February (BC, western Canada). Of course, we don't like it. On the other hand, in Europe it's been much higher than this for a very long time. They drive very fuel-efficient vehicles over there - motorscooters, cars, small trucks, and transport trucks.

Because through the years our gasoline prices have been high where I live, coupled with the long distances we have to drive sometimes (big country, fairly sparse population)... Well, let's just say I've seen a contrast of attitude when I've travelled down in the U.S. A lot of people in regions where gas prices have customarily been low had chosen what appeared to me to be overly powerful, gas-consuming, V-8 engine vehicles.

Of course, in some cases, you need a vehicle (maybe a pickup truck) that has that kind of power, because you haul heavy loads, have to drive up steep grades, etc. But in many cases it seemed to just be "macho" and for show. If people are unnecesarily stuck with those gas guzzlers now, who can be blamed?

Just a thought...

TTs Chicks

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Here in our small town it is $3.95, but 30 miles away in the town I work in it is $3.85 . . our kids just had spring break, but by summer for sure :barnie

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I saw it for $3.63 today, so we still have a ways to go. Even for the premium (which I need in the bike) it's not over $4.00 in most places-yet. :/