George Carlin one liners

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
SKR8PN said:
And My FAVORITE George Carlin quote?

"Religion has convinced people that theres an invisible manliving in the sky, who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesnt want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer and burn and scream until the end of time. But he loves you. He loves you and he needs money. "
that's not a one liner ,and it's not funny.
May not be a one liner.......but it IS funny.....and the truth!

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
* I have six locks on my door, all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three of them.

Blue Skys

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
miss_thenorth said:
SKR8PN said:

"Religion has convinced people that theres an invisible manliving in the sky, who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesnt want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer and burn and scream until the end of time. But he loves you. He loves you and he needs money. "
I thinks it's funny :gig

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
" Why is it called tourist season if we cant shoot at them?"

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
"You have to stay in shape. My mother started walking five miles a day when she was 60. Shes 97 now and we have no idea where she is."

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
miss_thenorth said:
SKR8PN said:

To you it may be. But, it is offensive to all those on here that believe in God. I don't find it funny, nor true.

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Lighten up folks - I bet even God laughed at George Carlin. I loved the man and was devastated when he died. His routines were so funny. As much as I hate any animal being hurt I loved the one about frog legs. And even as funny as they were, there is a basic truth to everything he said. One of those DUH moments when you heard them.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
To you it may be. But, it is offensive to all those on here that believe in God. I don't find it funny, nor true.
This thread is about one man's outlook on the world, and his comedy, which this world sorely misses since his passing. Now I for one, just so happen to be offended by religion in general, yet, I don't go into your church and complain about the days sermon, or the way your pastor delivered it.
To continue the spirit of this thread, here's another of Georges one liners...

"I love and treasure individuals as I meet them; I loathe and despise the groups they identify with and belong to."

Just some food for thought. :frow