Getting a new horse tomorrow, fishing for name suggestions!

journey11

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
rocky2_web.jpg

I'm going tomorrow to pick up my new horse. He's a 12-year-old Tennessee Walker gelding. I got him free!!! He's a rehab horse, retired show horse, cleared for light work and to build up from there. His current owners had four horses and are downsizing to two because they couldn't afford them all.

I was just looking for any old (free) horse to serve as a new pasture mate for my gaited Paint gelding, Journey, and I really lucked out on this one. I guess there's been a lot of people here lately unable to afford or sell their horse because of this lousy economy. I hate that for them, but I will give him a good and loving home.

His name is Rocky, but I don't really like it...not original enough for me. I'll take all the suggestions I can get! Thanks!

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
sorry, you got a Journey--I'm thinkin' late 70's rock bands. Supertramp, Foreigner, etc.. It's late, and I can't think straight. :p

What kind of bit does he have in his mouth?

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
What a good looking boy!! Since you have a "journey" ....Hmmm, Maybe Sky Walker. Just looking at him, with that beautiful blue sky behind him...You could make his call name Sky. Or, to keep with the theme...Traveler....Good luck with him. He sure is a pretty one!

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Some sort of walking horse bit. I'd throw it out or make it into a toilet paper roll holder :) I'm a snaffle kinda person, pelhams for truly piggy horses, unless you're showing.

He's adorable! I'd wait for his personality to show through, names take time! What's his show name?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Very beautiful! I'd wait until you've had him a little while, guage his personality and I think a name will come to you. He has a sweet face! :)

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
I hate to change an animals name that they have had for awhile, and become accustomed to, so I'd just do a variation on the original name. Saves confusing the critter to much.

How about "Rock Star" for a new name?

He is as beautiful as a rock star and he does have a star on his fore head!!!

Rocket?

Or maybe Rocket Man from the Elton John song???

"I'm not the man they think I am at home".........
"And I think it's gonna be a long long time......."

I keep editing this post because of new ideas!

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
I vote for Rocket but agree that having him for awhile will let you get to know his personality. Lots of free horses in this area too... Glad you could give a good home to at least one!

Latest posts