Getting a new horse tomorrow, fishing for name suggestions!

citylife

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
He looks like Titus to me.

For the TN Titans

The lady w/4 dogs, 4 city chickens 6 meat rabbits, thier kits and a lizard

journey11

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Some good ideas there, it's getting my brain rolling! :p I just talked to his owner on the phone. She is so sad to give him up. I think I may feel too guilty to change his name! I'll have to spend some time with him and see if "Rocky" fits him from my point of view and go from there.

That's one of the things I like best about him is his sweet face. I think you can tell a lot about a horse's personality from the eyes. His look soft and gentle. They said he's a real love bug too (Unlike my paint! Maybe I just need to make Journey a little jealous! ;) )

adoptedbyachicken

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wow I have a TWH mare, Tia, and that could be her brother! Colour, white star, one white leg and hoof... Hard to say overall build from that photo but he probably has a more refined look to him, she is a bit blocky. Makes her very strong but not suitable for the show ring. His face is nicer too, again she is a bit blocky there.

He reminds me of Rambler, a gelding I had as a teen. So that would be my name suggestion. Great that your taking him on. Tia is a rescue as well and if I could find a good home for her I would, I love doing rescue but I don't get more till the previous are all in good homes. Tia came to me starving, grade 1 body condition score, and pregnant. Nursed her and the foal through it and still have them both, totally healthy now, and Koby is 3 this year.

journey11

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
adoptedbyachicken said:
Wow I have a TWH mare, Tia, and that could be her brother! Colour, white star, one white leg and hoof... Hard to say overall build from that photo but he probably has a more refined look to him, she is a bit blocky. Makes her very strong but not suitable for the show ring. His face is nicer too, again she is a bit blocky there.

He reminds me of Rambler, a gelding I had as a teen. So that would be my name suggestion. Great that your taking him on. Tia is a rescue as well and if I could find a good home for her I would, I love doing rescue but I don't get more till the previous are all in good homes. Tia came to me starving, grade 1 body condition score, and pregnant. Nursed her and the foal through it and still have them both, totally healthy now, and Koby is 3 this year.
I think we're on to something... A lady on BYC came up with Rambling Reds Rocky Journey, which I thought was very catchy. I could call him Rambler for short! I'll have to ask him if that suits him. :)

There was another TWH gelding they had up for adoption too. I would have liked to take them both. Maybe one of these days I'll have the money and facilities to take on more horses. I never realized there were so many needing homes around here before. There was a time in my life where I thought I'd never have a horse of my own. Now I'm blessed with two. :D

I hope my daughter will take an interest in them and want to ride/show. Right now her primary obsession is chickens. She's got one under her arm about all day long!

adoptedbyachicken

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Cool! I like it!

Here is Tia when she had gained lots of weight, but not enough yet.

IMG_0430.jpg

Because the sun is behind her she looks better in that picture than she was at the time. I'm a really bad photographer, and I don't do it often. Like that must be almost 2 years old and it's the most recent I can find....:p She has been on huge sidehill turn out all summer and it has really helped her regain the muscle that had wasted off her back, she looks fabulous right now, I need to get new pictures of them all.

journey11

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Argh! :barnie She backed out!

I was going to get him last night, but my BIL had to work OT and I couldn't get his truck (mine's in the shop). So she rode Rocky "one last time" and got so upset, she changed her mind.

(Moral of the story--Don't count your horses until they're in the barn!)