Getting acclimated to country

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I wish I could have made a video of my EE hen (Boo) following my Uncle around whenever he went outside. I bet if she wasn't so small still she would've jumped onto the John Deere tractor with him. I had to be outside in this heat just to distract her from him so now my shoulders are sun brunt- applied SPF 55 to any bare skin and I still got burnt. I even tried to use aloe but nope that didn't help.View attachment 3369 I guess I'm too fair skinned to enjoy the outdoors during the day.

Ouch. I am red haired. I live in sunscreen 100, and have the gallon jug of aloe. Put some in one of those small spray bottles and spray as needed. I even have DH using it now on burns. I spray. It soaks in. Spray more. Repeat as needed.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That was a few weeks ago so I'm tan from that but did happen to get more sun over last weekend even though it was a semi-cloudy day (sun would come then go away) but now I'm turning a medium golden brown. One of my Uncle's had seen a pic I took yesterday which was a day (I think) after the sunburn and he says I look like a cooked lobster which I did feel like a cooked lobster even though I'm pretty sure a cooked lobster doesn't feel anything once being in hot boiling water. LOL

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm exhausted tonight. Didn't really do anything today once I got back from my appointment today. Must be the heat, humidity got to me.
Right now I'm waiting on a couple of STUPID hens to get inside the coop. It's getting darker out but they are insisting on staying out past their bedtime.
I know at this particular time I'm not getting enough sleep seeing how I'm getting tired around 2pm and have to force myself to stay awake. I hate these weeks where I have appointment after appointment and sometimes they are EARLY morning appointments too. I could also be not getting a restful sleep at night which is a very good possibility seeing how I have 2 cats that insist on using me as a bed!!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I close the bathroom door at night and leave only that (downstairs) window open. So if she wants in, she can go into the bathroom, where I put a bed down for her, with her litter tray, but she can't go further into the house.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
If I was to shut these little four legged monsters in a room that would be REALLY asking for trouble. Queen B of the house (Midnight) has always had full run of the house and she gets cranky also when she gets woken up by the 2 males horse playing throughout the house then she's a little witch for the entire day.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I don't let my cat boss me around.. My house, my rules. She gets the bathroom and if she annoys me enough, she gets the backyard only :) As since she can barely move around there without either a cock or a broody beating her up, she's behaving quite well at the moment! lol