Gingerbread cookies

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
ut oh
I see tears...LOL..yours must be older now?

yea nicole being so little I get the whole--lets bake cookie--routine happening...it is fun!~ :) thanks!

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Bretha beat me to the punch about the baggies. It does work well. I have the decorating tips & bags but i have been doing cakes since Scott was 2 or3 I believe(hes 22 now). My first cakes were Garfield & ALf(dating myself I know) Did a few wedding cakes too but after my aunts I retired from them as they are too stressful!

big bertha

Power Conserver
Reaction score
FC-
Ha! They aren't that old yet, 12, 11, 7. But they do grow up fast. I think it's getting close to that time of the month :rolleyes:. I seem to be extra emotional. Plus I have had one home sick Mon & Tues, Then another yesterday and today. I am tired and emotional. Not a good combination!
Plus- only one day at work this week :barnie

Anyway--sorry to get so off-topic.

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Even so as the last one really starts to get out of the baby phase it is hard. I know I look at my dd who is 2 1/2 & wearing 3t size clothing & it is more grown up than 2t is so she looks so much older now & the babiness is almost gone! :hit Not that I don't want my children to grow up but just not so darn fast! :he Ds#1 who is 22 realizes he tried to grow up too fast & regrets it a lot now. So he advises ds#2 not to do the same thing he did.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL Bertha they ain't that old yet...but you are right....the baby stage goes super fast. Nicole is talking like an adult...OH WOE is me! Where did the goo goo and gurgling go! Now she just yaps and yaps..HA HA

you need to be planning for those teenage years...coming fast at you! :(

hang in there! what do you do for work? only 1 day isn't enough to cover taxes etc..HA HA

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea Pam
it is wild isn't it...our daughters are darn near the same and yet they seem so much older !! WOW....they do grow up fast. remember bottles, diapers, and all that....now it is sippy cups, and potty training...where did the babies go????---LOL-LOL

funny how you never realize how good it is to be a kid til you are an adult...irony for ya! :)

big bertha

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I work in the school system. I am a personal aide to a child with behavior disorders / multiple psych diagnoses. I only work 1/2 days right now, but today I was supposed to work the other half as the teacher's sub in the same class. (I have a degree in nursing, but am doing this to be on the kids' schedules. Nursing is not a family friendly career.) A LOT less $, but a LOT LESS stress.
I quit nursing when my oldest was almost 1. I have put in too many years of sacrifice etc. to stay home with them to dump it all now. We needed the money, but I wasn't willing to go back and not be home when the kids are.

So anyway to be somewhat on topic ;) I plan on making gingerbread cookies with the kids soon. Whoever wants to help can, and those that don't help will get a wonderful rendition of The Little Red Hen!! :lol:

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
big bertha said:
I quit nursing when my oldest was almost 1. I have put in too many years of sacrifice etc. to stay home with them to dump it all now. We needed the money, but I wasn't willing to go back and not be home when the kids are.:
I was a nurse also & instead of just letting it go I put on license inactive satus. All I need to do to get it back is take a class & pay $100 to reactivate it. When I did it I was a little hessitant as I had worked hard & sacrificed too, but I knew i wasn't going to be using it any time soon & I refused to just let it go. So for $20 it is indeffintaly inactive.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
ya know bertha any time you can "just work enough" to get the money you need, and stay home mostly with the kids it is a great deal! 1/2 days etc. are a true blessing to free up time for the family.

yea I heard so much about nursing from people doing that career. alot of knowledge, hard work, hard times on the job, etc.....I know it takes a certain type of person to handle that stress, I sure couldn't...more power to you! :)

LOL on the cookies! I thought about the gingerbread HOUSE but figured Nicole wouldn't be erecting it, she would be knocking it over and destroying it..HA HA...maybe later on that one. I always wanted to make one, never did. this is my chance with her soon.>HA HA

big bertha

Power Conserver
Reaction score
HM--
I have kept my license active just for that reason. I put a lot of hard work into it and who knows in the future. But for now this works great. I'm here when the kids are up in the morning (we all go to school at the same time), I am home when they get home in the afternoon, I have every weekend off, Christmas break, Spring break, and Summer. Because these people all know about kids, I haven't gotten any static about being home with my sick kids, needing to run out if I get a phone call (My oldest is diabetic, so I sometimes get a call that he needs something), etc. It is really a great group of people. Some of them were MY teachers when I was in grade school!!

FC--have fun with the gingerbread house. That would be too much stress for me. I think we did that once. I have a vague memory......
I think maybe I have subconsciously repressed said memory..... :barnie

Latest posts