GIRLS ONLY PLEASE.. How do we cure this..

Sunny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My SIL has a possible yeast infection. We have looked up cures on the interenet.. But I thought I would ask my self sufficient friends first to see if you all say the same thing..

My SIL doesnt have money right now to go to a doctor. We have no reduced price health department in our town. She would really like to know if there is any natural cures out there.. She is not a member of this group. So I told her I could try here.. Although I feel a little wierd doing so..

Thank you for your help..

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
A Brittish friend of mine in collage said that she just dunked a tampon in plain yogurt and inserts. I never had to try it tho. :hu

Sunny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thank you for your advice.. That is one of the things we read online..

Ive never had to deal with this either.. But decided to help her out. She didnt know about this website. And since doing it yourself is the theme of this forum. I thought what the hay.. I might as try to get an answer here..

I also read online that you can use Apple Cider Vinager too..

But just wanted to see if there was people out there that has actually tried these things..

Lovechooks

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yep the yogurt tampon trick works a treat otherwise just smother the acidophollis filled plain yogaurt all over the nether regions. Nice and soothing for the itchy side of thrush.

Also you need to boost your acidophollis supply so some priobotic's tabs might be order.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Insert the yogurt, and eat yogurt, also drink cranberry juice, and avoid all the things that cause yeast to go over active.--sugars etc

eta-- the yogurt MUST have bacterial culture.

Sunny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thank all for your replies..

I told her I read some where that she had to stay away from sugar.. She didnt like hearing that part. But I told her. Just think about making bread. You use sugar to make the yeast rise.. She doesnt cook. So she really didnt realize that is how the bread rises.. Im going to try to keep her away from sugar.

I told her about the yogurt trick.. She thinks it weird, but she is willing to try it.

I also read you need to eat alot of yogurt too. Also drink alot of milk.. And saurkraut (sp).. Also bananas.. But not to many sites said those things..

This site is great. I feel a bit embarassed to post this.. Even though it isnt about me. But we needed help ideas.. And I have no experiance with yeast infections. THe only thing I have ever gotten was bladder infections..

Sunny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
Insert the yogurt, and eat yogurt, also drink cranberry juice, and avoid all the things that cause yeast to go over active.--sugars etc
What other foods should she avoid..

Every one in the house is drinking alot of cranberry juice. So that is a good thing..

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Got to thinking, and if yo are not sure it's a yeast infection, it might not be. Just know that chlamydia has similar symtoms.

but assuming it is a yeat infection, I found this website. All I knew was to avoid sugar and alcohol. (mostly sugar, since that is what I wold have to avoid)

this website has some info. http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/candida_.shtml

Sunny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
Got to thinking, and if yo are not sure it's a yeast infection, it might not be. Just know that chlamydia has similar symtoms.

but assuming it is a yeat infection, I found this website. All I knew was to avoid sugar and alcohol. (mostly sugar, since that is what I wold have to avoid)

this website has some info. http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/candida_.shtml
Thank you for the website.. I read about what you can and cant eat if you want to starve a yeast infection.. Her symptoms are of yeast infection.. The possabilities of it being chlamydia is rather small.. She hasnt had any realationship with a guy since her daughters daddy walked out on them. And she was tested after that for all diseases cause she found out that he was cheating on her with at least two different girls.. She came up clean.

Thank you for your help