GIRLS ONLY PLEASE.. How do we cure this..

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
Adding one thing to this-chronic yeast infections can be a symptom of diabetes.
Perhaps get that checked if she hasn't already.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Olive leaf extract is a powerful anti-fungal and helps tremendously within 3 days of dosing. Avoid sugars and starches like the plague and the yogurt tampons sounds good.

PunkinPeep

Humble Ambitions
Reaction score
you can also make a "popsicle" with the plain yogurt. i guess (as i haven't actually done this) using it frozen that way, as opposed to using the tampon, will let you get more yogurt in the area for a longer period of time while it melts
??

sounds kind of nice, actually. ;) :D

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
If the yogurt tampon doesn't appeal to you- there is another way to deliver it to the "girl parts". Go to a health food store and ask for powdered acidophilus. Mix a little powder into some comfortably warm water for the douche solution. Make sure the powder doesn't have sugar added. Can't give an exact amount but read the bottle to see what they consider a dose.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Hi Ladies...I had to revive tbis thread because I seem to have a yeast infection, but I am not sure.

On Sunday I was wearing some jean shorts and digging in the yard. The shorts pinched (where they should not!) and hurt...I almost came in to change but I thought, I only had 4 little maters to plant how long can it take?

So I worked in uncomfortable shorts (pinching every few minutes) for about 30-40 mins.

Put on my suit and hopped into the jacuzzi.

My nether region was very itchy.

Put on some cotton jammies pants with no undies. Still itchy and a little painful/sore....assuming form being stupid and allowing the shorts to pinch.

Next morning still itchy.

Yesterday I looked up this thread, used the yogurt externally multilple times, back to drinking my kefir (it was on ice while moving) drank water with raw garlic :sick Things seems a little better yesterday, or at least not getting worse. Then over night things seem to have gotten more agravated.

This morning it is still pretty bad, but I realized there is no discharge. Could this be something else? I am sore and itchy!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I am having the same issues....have been off and on for a while now. Can't get an appt with OB till OCTOBER....are you kidding me?

I have been wearing loose clothing, using witch hazel cleansing pads after going potty and before bed, and upping my yogurt consumption. It gets better but still seems to come back. I have no discharge. I also have burning during sex (like an indian rope burn). Hubby has a coworker that has a wife with the same issues and they found out it was vestibulitis. I checked it out and it does seem to fit with a lot of the symptoms I have.

I dunno. The witch hazel seems to help....

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
I wonder if the 'pinching' caused a spot of irritation? Like it broke the skin, and the itching is the result of trying to heal? I've had that happen, too. But after reading the other posts I wonder what else it could be....sometimes my panties will rub wrong, or "get in a bunch" :gig and I'll have irritation with itchies. But it does go away.....if yours isn't, makes me wonder if there is something else going on... :idunno

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
pioneergirl said:
I wonder if the 'pinching' caused a spot of irritation? Like it broke the skin, and the itching is the result of trying to heal? I've had that happen, too. But after reading the other posts I wonder what else it could be....sometimes my panties will rub wrong, or "get in a bunch" :gig and I'll have irritation with itchies. But it does go away.....if yours isn't, makes me wonder if there is something else going on... :idunno
That is kind of what I thought at first..just a spot of irritation has the whole region in an uproar....but now I am thinking it is something else. Can you have a yeast infection without discharge? It has been probably 23 years since I have had one. I am not happy.

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yes, you can have a fungal infection without a discharge!

Yeast typically means candida which is a fungus. But there are other types of fungal infections. The docs really don't try to figure them all out because generally the same medicine works for them all.

But be aware, in this day of use of antibiotics the yeasts, the candidas, the fungus may mutate, making them particularly hard to cure. You know this has happened to you when the over the counter remedies or even the home remedies do not work any longer.

The doctor will have other antifungal medicines for this situation that are by prescription.
Triconalzole is one and ketonazole and diflucan is another and those last two are pills. There may be more but those are the ones I know about.

Dace, sometimes the symptoms that you have are related to a bacterial infection and if it developes a bad odor you will know for sure, or a strange discharge that does not appear like yeast. It could be green or grey or yellow or tenacious. No telling what may show. In which case I would douche with Lugol's iodine as a home remedy. You might even try regular iodine from the drug store, but Lugol's is much stronger. Remember, they are so confident on iodine's ability to kill pathogens that they use it in surgical prep. If the iodine does not work then it is on to the doctor's office. Lugols is what my doctor would recommend for a wide variety of localized bacterial infections to this area. I would take it orally just for good measure but not the drug store variety, only Lugols.

Everyone who is self sufficient should have a bottle of Lugol's iodine in their cabinet.
http://bloodrootproducts.com/Cancer-lugol's-lugols-Iodine-5-Percent-Solution-P15.html
I have not purchased from this company but I thought they could get it here faster.

I have purchased from Crow's, but $24.00 is outrageous.
http://www.jcrowsmarketplace.com/1ozlugolssolution5valuepriceincludesshipping.aspx

Its what all the doctors use to carry in their bags before the advent of antibiotics.

the price on Lugol's has really gone up since it became controlled by FDA. Apparently Lugols iodine is used by meth heads to make what ever they make..

I purchase my Lugols from Ecquador but it takes a long time to arrive, 2 weekw at least. For $10 I get a 15% tincture then I dilute it into 3 one ounce bottles to make 3 bottles of 5%. Even with shipping its the way to go. this is an excellent company and I purchased and received advice from them when they were located in the US. http://www.herbhealers.com/store/lugol-s-iodine-15-1-fl-oz-29-5-ml.html

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wow, I just have to say some pretty awesome advice. I don't get yeast infections anymore but I read on just to learn and I was impressed. Never would have thought of the yogurt-sicles, LOL!!!

I don't feel it's even necessary to add to this but I will say that I've seen grapefruit seed extract (taken orally) work for a few apparently stubborn cases. I'd say probiotics and laying off sugars is the first thing though. And I was very interested to read of a few things here I'd not heard of using before.

I'm going to have to look for the iodine too. My grandma always used it, but I had forgotten about it. :)

Y'all are awesome! And Dace, I hope you feel better soon. I hate that pinching!

Latest posts