Go "Green" and just hang it up!

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have the outdoor clothesline....with about 100'of line. 5 indoor wooden folding racks, 1 small plastic folding rack, and an extra shower curtain pole, that I hang over the tub if needed. I also have a dryer, that is unplugged. I hang outside if it is nice, and inside on the racks if it isn't. The racks go in a room we have, by the bathroom, that the window heat pump is in. sucks all the moisture out. I leave stuff hanging up in there till it is dry.

I also hang out towels and washcloths. I don't mind the extra ruffy texture to them. Absorbs water better, after a bath or shower. I also so not use fabric softener on towels and washcloths. They get a hot wash, with home made laundry det, powdered, rinsed with vinegar and spun drip dry. I will only use the softener on clothing. And, I do hang my under things outside on the line. ;)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
homestead wanna be said:
We are moving to a bigger back yard and I can't wait to line dry. Are clothes pins still around?
Yep, I bought some last year in Wal-Mart. It had been so long since I had hung out clothes that I couldn't find mine. Of course, after I bought more, I found the ones I already had. :/

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i hang my clothes but my set up is something i made up

i bought a gazebo.......the sun dried out the cloth like roof...........i took off the raggidy cloth roof and the curtains on the side and walla theres my clothes line.

its the best....instead of the clippy things to hang the clothes with i take them straight out the washer put onto hangers and take them straight to my halfa** gazebo. when they are dry i gather by people and take them straight to thats persons closet

raro

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Since I have health issues, I only dry about 1/2 of my clothes on wooden racks in my laundry room, which is in the basement. But I compensate for that, because I vent the dryer into the house instead of to the outside in the winter...why should I be sending warm, moist air out to the neighborhood when I need it in my house?!

westtxamber

Power Conserver
Reaction score
raro said:
Since I have health issues, I only dry about 1/2 of my clothes on wooden racks in my laundry room, which is in the basement. But I compensate for that, because I vent the dryer into the house instead of to the outside in the winter...why should I be sending warm, moist air out to the neighborhood when I need it in my house?!
Me too! lol Where I live I can line dry most of the year, but when it's cold it's wonderful to keep the dryer hose inside the house. We don't use central heating and the dryer hose(dryers in the next room) reaches right to the living room. Works great!