Goat opinion needed!

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Alright. She got a backyard mix. I’m guessing boer Nigerian. Had milked before and been exposed to buck recently. She’s a bit skittish, but not bad. I believe she’ll warm up quickly. And way way way cheaper!
Good fit.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Great! Handling and her settling will make a change for the better. Your friend wants milk, so most any doe will provide that. How much and how long is the reason for everyone's choices -- once they become involved. 🤗. So this will satisfy the urge, she can refine her choices on the next one.

Yes, there will be a next :lol: addictive, they are. That's why I have "several" 😂😂🤣🥰

We will expect updates :idunno:old. Can't just not do that ... Leave us hanging 😂

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Great! Handling and her settling will make a change for the better. Your friend wants milk, so most any doe will provide that. How much and how long is the reason for everyone's choices -- once they become involved. 🤗. So this will satisfy the urge, she can refine her choices on the next one.

Yes, there will be a next :lol: addictive, they are. That's why I have "several" 😂😂🤣🥰

We will expect updates :idunno:old. Can't just not do that ... Leave us hanging 😂
Oh I know lol. Ask me about my only three (multiplied by 2).

She wants to get a second one, but another lady hasn’t popped up yet.

Attachments

• 42C948D1-9CA3-4BF3-83CF-2855EB4D60DC.png
    42C948D1-9CA3-4BF3-83CF-2855EB4D60DC.png
    738.4 KB · Views: 71

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Is there a pee pregnancy test for goats btw? We’d like to know if she’s pregnant, but I can’t draw blood and don’t want to put her through me trying. Seller said she was exposed, but didn’t know.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i hope it works out well for both of them! :) i'm a bit confused though at i would never think for the first go-round anyone would want an animal with horns like that. can you wrap them with sponges?

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
i hope it works out well for both of them! :) i'm a bit confused though at i would never think for the first go-round anyone would want an animal with horns like that. can you wrap them with sponges?

Possibly wrap with pool noodles.
Honestly, it’s a learning curve anyway horns just add a little to that. This was the best goat available, so might as well learn with horns. They make the goat easier to catch and handle half the time any way.