Goat question

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
So my normally "please pay all attention to me, and scratch me all over" LaMancha was properly bred 8 days ago, and as of this morning, refuses to be touched.
I would have thought for sure that kind of behavior would be quite aways off! Right? Or wrong?

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sounds like a pregnant goat to me :D It might be early hormones - is she a first freshener?
My girls are on a touch me, touch me not cycle. I never know what it's gonna be from day to day. Just watch her close in case it's something else, but if she's eating then I wouldn't worry too much.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
yep. its all part of the goat-momma-drama

next they will be asking you to peel them grapes and fan them with palm fronds.

goats = crazy.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
ha! (hey baby!)

yes i do that right after i fluff their pillows and tell them how beautiful they are - i have a little song just for them.

HA! my poor goats...

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I wish my touch me, pet me girl would do that. She went for her date last weekend and she STINKS. :sick
She seems to want more petting now, and scratching. There's this one big splotch I always seem to brush yick...
She's a LOT happier since she met her new baby-daddy, though :D

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
:lol:
This is her second time around the block.

Speaking of peeling and fluffing!
They live in what used to be our fancy greenhouse. I still have all the trays, pots and cages on the upper shelves.
I pulled down the trays and little pots yesterday to get them ready for planting onion seeds.
:gig I had to let all 7 goats inspect each stack of items I pulled down.
They gave me no choice!

eggrookie2010

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hi..I met one or two of you already. Im new here. Im jumping into every conversation but I see you are goat folks. I have a real weed problem and I know they would be SO helpful (Im trying not to use chemicals) My cousin has goats and suggested they would NOT do so well cleaning up weeds on my gravel driveway. I would totally have to babysit them since it encircles my raised garden beds and the only few flowering plants on the property. But Ive been reading up and it looks like they are not a complicated animal to keep. Any advice would be appreciated.

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I advise you to just keep reading here and over at BackyardHerds - see link at bottom of page. They can be easy keepers. They can also be more trouble than you could ever imagine. I have easy keepers so far. My goats will suck the weeds out of anything, gravel, concrete, yard - they go loco over them. I just put them on a leash and take them out for a walk wherever I need the cleanup. Some people might not enjoy babysitting them that way, but I do. You really can't tie them out - they tangle up so quickly it's ridiculous. And they don't come when called like a dog so you can't just let them loose and think they will stay or come back.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Mine come when I call them. :hu