Goat watch, not pregnant but acting she’s laboring

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@Mini Horses that is what I figured but I didn't know if it could be connected to any other ailment.

Hopefully she is doing good this morning :)
Cancer, small brain tumor.
I’ve had one goat start 3 times, one simple precocious udder, one times with a snake bite, and one time with a spider bite.

But she never acted like she was in labor before hand.

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
No baby, no fluid sac, no blood; on her or on the ground. That I saw at least.

She was just laying on the porch, very sanguine.
Still had the lump, but it’s on the left side close to her ribs. I’m thinking it’s just an organ/her stomach.
There was more white discharge too. But not a lot.

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@Trying2keepitReal milk generally comes in only for kidding....all things as nature planned. 😁. Which makes this a seeming secret date happened.
Hey, if there is a baby I might name it floozy. :lol:
Honestly, I’m just a bit bewildered. Guess I’ll just hang along for the ride. She’s been pretty friendly today, almost clingy...then stand offish.
Who knows. If she keeps lactating without a baby is there a way to test the milk, see if it’s good to drink?

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
9B8906E4-34AE-4071-BA25-2E0786D296ED.jpeg

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Not sure about the neighbor. I don’t really talk to that neighbor, but they’re within walking distance that’s why I’d even question it. I haven’t heard their goats in a few years though and I’ve never seen any of them around my yard; there’s some woods and a small field between us.

It would be nice, but I can’t call a vet. Last time I tried, when my goat was dying, the only one who was available and would answer their phone was a “homeopathic” vet who wouldn’t do testing or procedures and doesn’t use traditional medicines. Her specialty was massage and something else for horses...not useful here unfortunately.

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
She’s been up and walking and eating like usual, and then her belly started rippling downward. Guess I’ll offer a calcium drench and see if she’ll let me feel her hips?

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
No softening of the hips at all and she was chewing cud. I wasn’t going to push it and check her udder. Left side of the belly has a lump, but mostly just soft and squishy.