goat wormer

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Does anyone know if I can give ivemection horse wormer to my goats? I got the goat worming pellets, and it is not working. I can't feed them together cause some of them steal the others feed. And if I take them out they don't want to eat cause they want back in with the others. And the wormer pellets are the only thing in the area.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i know a few that do give the horse safeguard and horse ivomec to their goats...ill see if i can find the dosages

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
ok aparently the 1.87% horse ivomec dosage for goats is 3x...so for a 100lb goat dose it as if its 300lbs...

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Great! I don't know why you can't get goat wormer in a tube like that. So much easyer!

I tried to do the pellets...:he got everybodys measured out, put the feed down for each goat 1 at a time while trying to feed the others grain, the other goats wanted hers and she wanted theirs. Tried to take them out of the pen 1 at a time and they were upset that they were alone! Grrrrr.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
lol my girls are the same way, give them both the exact same and they still want what the other one has lol. silly goats!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Mine play musical buckets at feed time.

Pinky, thanks for that info. I think I need to worm my goats, and haven't been able to find any goat wormer. I knew I could give them the ivermectin, just didn't know how much. Now, I just need to figure out how much they weigh! :cool:

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i was looking into herbal wormers but they seem like a much more frequently needed thing...

no problem on theivermectin...i use 1% cattle injectable for everyone...dosage is a little different for the dogs vs the goats but 1 bottle goes SOOOO much further lol.
my time working as a vet assist definatly comes in handy lol.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I am going to go with the ivermecton for horses. It is readly avalable at any farm store and it goes on sale all the time.

How offten do you think I should worm them?

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
ive always been told "as the seasons change" so about once every 3 months...and the day after a doe gives birth.

but i think unless your in an area with heavy worm load, or on short grass or the goaties are having signs of worm issues, every 6 months should take care of it...
least thats the current schedual i plan to keep (i HATE overworming any animal) so unless my girls show signs of worms (pale inner eye lids, gums and wormy poops ect...) i dont think worming more than twice a year is nessicary right now.

even with the dogs and cats i only give ivomec every 3 months...i use it for heartworm protection and given the heartworm lifecycle, monthly is overkill at the dosage i use...