Goat wound - icky warning - Pic of healing on page 2

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
emilosevich said:
It does sound like CL. We have used believe or not hard liquor such as whiskey or bourbon to clean it out. It seem to work really well. Just careful because she will not like it. As for yourself try a 10% cholorine wash. This was recommended by the vet for areas where the puss may have gotten and also on oneself. I realize it doesn't kill the bacteria that is in the CL, but my vet recommended it so just thought I would pass it along. Also burn anything that was used to clean up the wound area paper towels and etc.
Hmmm we only have a little vodka around I think.

I used the udder wash to clean it, its a glug of bleach and a squirt of dishsoap in warm water.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
I did find out that the previous folk had Molly for 6 years with nothing like this happening, until she came back from being bred the last time, the lady said she thought Molly had gotten hurt by a cactus or something like that when she saw the lump.

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
If she went to another farm for breeding, that other farm could have CL and she got it from there.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
This is what it looks like today. A lot better than yesterday thats for sure.
I sprayed a little Scarlex on it just to keep it healing...

Mollysm.jpg

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Can someone post a link for what exactly CL and the other CAE is. I know it something you test for but it sounds rough.

gina

emilosevich

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
defiantly looks like a CL abscess. Vodka will work as well. We've used it before too. You should be able to have her tested through your state ag. agency with a blood draw from your vet. She can be tested for CAE too.